PHP Hydra tunes

s10mike

Reaction score
i am thinking about replacing my old ass bully dog 6 position chip with a new PHP Hydra. It holds 15 tunes and the ones they offer are quite alike. i was thinking of getting 8-10 of their tunes, and fill the rest with custom ones. Any opinions on what custom ones to get? Any ideas on the PHP itself? Im looking to get better shifting and less smoke. Thanks Guys

emev0l

Reaction score
The Hydra is the best tuner out there for a 7.3, what is currently done to your truck?

s10mike

Reaction score
truck is pretty stock. gutted exhaust, 6637 air filter. would really like a good towing tune that will keep my trans alive. i dont wanna replace that again

sootie

Reaction score
Definitely get the hydra. I would recommend trying gear head tunes. Low smoke, good shifts and decent power

skylinedan

Reaction score
Being mostly stock, you really don't need to spend the money on custom tunes unless you swap injectors. PHP has plenty of good tunes for most anything your gonna do with the truck. I would buy a Hydra, try out the tunes you like and see how it does. If after that you feel you need custom, talk too any of the tuners that cover the Hydra and see what they have too say.

m_j

Reaction score
there is no reason to buy a hydra if you already have a chip. just send the chip to a tuner to be programmed with the tunes you want

dsberman94

Reaction score
there is no reason to buy a hydra if you already have a chip. just send the chip to a tuner to be programmed with the tunes you want

Wrong. One of the main reasons of buying the hydra is to be able to load your own tunes to it instead of having to send the chip out. The other advantage is the amount of tunes you can have.

79jasper

Reaction score
How often do you use those 15?
I use high idle for jumping people, leave it in the highest tow tune, only turn it down if I want to avoid dumping smoke everywhere.
Yeah, the convenience of hooking to the puter is nice. I push the hydra also, but since he already has this one... just needs tunes worth a damn.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

m_j

Reaction score
buy a burner and load your own tunes just like the old dayz.
for the OP a new chip is a waste of $$

thuglike

Reaction score
TS style chip burners have been around for 10 years...(or more). For 200.00 you can buy the burner and have any tuner send you tunes that you can put on the chip yourself.

Now, if you just want the newer platform.....that's a different story but you can get tunes e-mailed to you on the TS platform.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Personally I feel the Hydra is the best tuner there is out there. Even if you did buy a burner for a TS Style 6 position you still have to remove the chip every time you want to re-burn it. with the hydra you are a one time install and its done. A tune gets emailed to you, plug the USB port into your computer and download all your tunes in five to ten minutes depending on how computer savvy you are.

Latest posts

Members online