05 front end on 01 with ranch hand

Reaction score
Hey all, been awhile since I was on here. Got a 01 F350 and looking at updating the front end. Still not sure if I’m going to use an 05 bumper or install a full ranch hand. I was looking on their site and there are 2 different p/n for 99-04 and 05-07. Just wondering if I need to use the 99-04 or 05-07. I’m figuring the 99-04 because the frame won’t be altered, I’m just wondering if I’m going to run into any sort of clearance issues. Thanks

Decker

Reaction score
Why would the frame be altered? The bumpers are the same mounting holes. If you upgrade the front end, your header panel will need to be upgraded or have the trim and cut the old one. I believe the lower grill tabs mounts are different as well. The 05-07 grills are longer as well. So if it ranch hand bumper is for a 99-04 you might need to trim the bottom of the grill on a 05-07, but maybe not.

Reaction score
The frame will not be altered. I said that as part of my reasoning for going with the 99-04 bumper. But since ranch hand has 2 different part numbers, and you say the bumper mounts are the same, then there is some difference. Maybe it’s all due to working with the leaf spring front end vs coil on the 05-07. Just want to make sure when a bumper gets ordered it going to work.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
To use a 99-04 bumper you need to cut the bottom on the 05-07 grill. If you don’t want to cut the grill you need to buy an 05-07 grill.

ford_trck

Reaction score
That an the 05's don't have the front leave spring hanger. I don't know if it changes how it's mounted though.
Mine is a 99 with 05 headlights with a ranch hand on it. The bolts go through the spring mount

Latest posts

Members online