Dual IPR block. Need help

ja_cain

Reaction score
Position control using PWM. I need to calculate the inductance in series to see which way it goes vs in parralel. This will have an impact on how much resistance there is at a given frequency. Not sure what frequencies the computer is communicating with the IPR valve.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Calico5

Reaction score
The only other issue I can see with your setup, is that you may experience poor pressure control on the hydraulic circuit because of how it's plumbed (and essentially, that's exactly what the HPOP system is: a hydraulic system/circuit).

In your design, you're measuring the pressure at the same point [in the system] that you are controlling it (dumping it). Generally, it's best to measure your pressure at the point-of-use (injectors), and control it at the source (the pump). Pressure is measured in the head rail(s) (point of use), and control the pressure at the pump (the pressure source). This is why IH/Navistar originally designed the system the way they did...

The HPO rails in the heads are quite large, and act as a "reservoir" of high pressure oil for the injectors to use. The pump and IPR work together and are the source/control elements. The ICP sensor is measuring the pressure of these two "reservoirs" and controlling the pressure at the pump, via the IPR.

You will likely experience some erratic pressure control using the layout/design you are proposing.

I could be wrong, but 30 years of hydraulic systems work tells me otherwise.

Anyway, just my 2-cents...

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
I got the website. I don’t see why I can’t use their Super dooper replacement kit for my needs. Still not sure where to put the bleed off line. My HPOP access bolt cover that came from Dyno proven has an access plug I could maybe use.

It sure where your mounting your ipr block but you could easily drain the excess into a valve cover if you plan to put it in the valley.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Yes I could but, that’s where my turbo drain is and kinda hard to “tap” into that.

fastersteve

Reaction score
When I had Stealth Dual HPOs, the IPRs were wired in series as stated above, and the 2nd pump dumped into a fitting added onto the top of the HPO reservoir. Only trouble I had was trying to keep 16" of HPOPs from leaking being supported by 6mm 16"+ threaded rods.
That was the only reason I took them off, otherwise I'd still have them. Truck ran awesome!

gwunter

Reaction score
I would think a custom plug could be made to go in the original mech fuel pump hole that would combine the turbo drain and hpop oil dump......with little effort. I'll have to double check the size of that hole. What's the original turbo oil drain hole being used for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

m_j

Reaction score
the hpop line goes up over the rez level to stop it from draining. you might have to add an early obs-like check valve

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I would think a custom plug could be made to go in the original mech fuel pump hole that would combine the turbo drain and hpop oil dump......with little effort. I'll have to double check the size of that hole. What's the original turbo oil drain hole being used for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nothing right now but might be hard to get access to it.

Went ahead and ordered that (test) fitting to plug up the stock IPR hole.

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I made my own turbo mount. Got a plug over top of it. No o ring below it though.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Cant decide on where to mount it.

9B8BAA5C-3D22-4387-A0ED-6BE6E6E957FB.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.