5r100 upgrades

slashmaxx

Reaction score
First time post, long time tech
I've been working on ford trucks since 2014 at my local ford dealer, like farmers I've seen a thing or 2.
I bought a 09 6.4, ex cab, long bed, srw truck
472 sxe mpd kit on top, 165 low press pump, stock long block(head bolts:(...), I believe stock hpfp and sticks, wide tires traction bars,:blah:
All for basically the price of the turbo kit and fuel pump :toast:

Anyways it needs a trans, I know about all the little stuff, updated snap ring, one piece center support bushing, ect.
I already ha a triple disc stock stall and billet input shaft from dpc.
http://www.mts-diesel.com/product_info.php?cPath=20_24_50&products_id=17752
Is the kit from mts I like, I've never used them before but I've had good results with this steel and clutch combo, unlike the suncoast crap.

Anyways I wanna make 700whp ish and go play at the track, when do I need to go to billet internals??? can i make that power on the stock overdrive planet and shaft??
I cant find any "hp rating" on anything anywhere. Of course if I tear it down and its broken its getting upgraded

It needs a smaller charger it doesn't spool until about 2.400. maybe like a big turbine 369sxe

sootie

Reaction score
If it doesn't spool, tighten up the housing. Should spool bigger than a 369 no problem.
A stock trans with triple disc converter and billet input shaft will hold a stock fuel truck all day long. Od planetary, low/reverse hub and intermediate shaft need to be upgraded at the mid 700s level I found out

White_monster

Reaction score
Use a 2200 stall converter and get some better tuning. Upgrade all the shafts. The 472 is a little bug for stock fuel but with a looser converter it'll work.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The stock rating is right in the name of the transmission. The 5R110W is rated for 1100 n-m (1491 ft-lb) AFTER the torque converter torque multiplication. Ford does not rate their transmissions for horsepower, only torque.

At 700rwhp I think you will be WAY over what the stock internals can handle.

Latest posts

Members online