Electrical help

skevac

Reaction score
2002 F250 CCSB 4X4 This is my friends truck I'm trying to help him with it. He drove the truck in the driveway Thursday night after work with no issues and shut it off. Friday afternoon he goes to start it and I turn the key on and all the guages in the dash went wacky and didn't even try to roll over. The batteries were 4 yrs. old, so he figured that they were shot. He went and got 2 new batteries and installed them & now it won't do anything. No lights, guages, no power to anything. I was hoping that someone could tell me what or where to start looking for issues or possible causes. Going to try and dig into it Tuesday morning. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
02 trucks have a power wire junction split on the LH inner fender. There’s a black box cover over it that looks like a relay cover. Take that cover off see if the connection is good. They are very common to corrode off.

Also make sure he didn’t leave one of the secondary positive wires off when changing the batteries.

skevac

Reaction score
02 trucks have a power wire junction split on the LH inner fender. There’s a black box cover over it that looks like a relay cover. Take that cover off see if the connection is good. They are very common to corrode off.

Also make sure he didn’t leave one of the secondary positive wires off when changing the batteries.

The junction split appears to be the issue so far. Anyone know what that junction split part is actually called? I could reuse it, but it's not in the greatest shape if I could pick one up at the auto parts store.

skevac

Reaction score
Ended up being the battery cable end at the junction stud on the drivers side fender well. Too much Michigan road salt and it corroded the terminal off. A cheap and relatively easy fix. Glad for that as electrical can be a PITA. Thanks to everyone who responded.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Awesome. I just fixed mine when I did cab swap. 2 new copper lugs and then just bolted them together

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.