Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Aftermarket

Old 07-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

I just had revisions from GH.Was running files from 2013 when Hydra 1st came out and have made massive changes.Took 3 days from when I made contact to them emailing new files.Ive tried other vendors but I have free revisions for life on this truck and I like the linear power/art control and mpg.I tow alot and plow so I'm usually in my daily/tow tune#4 and the revision made it even better.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
sounds like SRP 1.1 and honeybadger have things in common. I'm running an adrenaline now as well...time will tell. I might try an hpop from Corey for my project truck
Iíve got almost 300,000 miles on my Adrenaline. So far so good and still holds over 3000psi at WOT.
Coming soon KDD stage 1 long block, FF 155/30ís, KC stage 1, Driven Diesel RR, No Limit CAI, BPD HD oil cooler, Odawg stage 2
Old 07-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
nice setup you got there.

how do you like the 3:73's with 35's? I have 4:10's with 315's/35's. When/If i wear these out, I'm tininking of dropping down to 33's.

sounds like SRP 1.1 and honeybadger have things in common. I'm running an adrenaline now as well...time will tell. I might try an hpop from Corey for my project truck

I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in. I agree that i think PHP tunes have been my favorite overall. This is probably because his tunes behaved the best after a revision. I never had a chance to get others revised, so it's hard to say overall.

My 1023 tunes have been really good first time out. only complaint I could say is that i'd want it to downshift out of OD easier.

GH tunes are good without issue, but I want them to be more aggressive but have use for the way it acts now.

I believe best of both worlds are compounds
It pulls pretty well, but I'm searching for more low end grunt. One of these days I'm going to run my street tires from my 2wd to kind of simulate running 4.10s- a gear change would help
To really be in the meat of the power I have to tow at least 70

Also I bought an adrenaline used years ago and it's still doing great
Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
OUO weld on traction bars
Texas Tuned
5" MBRP
Isspro gauges
Old 07-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

[QUOTE=INFRNL;1535208]

I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in.

Andrew Arthur with AA Design and Tuning 206-445-2539. He was recommended by PHP, he built the T4 Setup and did the live tuning. Heís in the Spokane area and has been great to deal with!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejr View Post
I just had revisions from GH.Was running files from 2013 when Hydra 1st came out and have made massive changes.Took 3 days from when I made contact to them emailing new files.Ive tried other vendors but I have free revisions for life on this truck and I like the linear power/art control and mpg.I tow alot and plow so I'm usually in my daily/tow tune#4 and the revision made it even better.
good to hear. at some point I will be getting a hold of them for live tuning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD POWER007 View Post
Iíve got almost 300,000 miles on my Adrenaline. So far so good and still holds over 3000psi at WOT.
thats definitely reassuring, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmstrucks02 View Post
It pulls pretty well, but I'm searching for more low end grunt. One of these days I'm going to run my street tires from my 2wd to kind of simulate running 4.10s- a gear change would help
To really be in the meat of the power I have to tow at least 70

Also I bought an adrenaline used years ago and it's still doing great
I imagine 3:73's with big tires and a diesel isn't nearly as bad as if it were a gasser. with my current config, our main road is only 45mph even though most do 50-60-70mph. I don't like to drive all rev'd up so i will let it go into od but our roads aren't necessarily flat and I find the rpms to be too low.
in this case maybe 3:73's might be ok as it wouldn't rev as high with OD off and could use OD when actually cruising on the hwy.

there are just some speeds that we get stuck at on the road that are not optimal for my particular setup, I think.

I appreciate the feedback
[QUOTE=mtsnowrunner;1535219]
Quote:

I'm not sure who Andrew is but i hope he gets you dialed in.

Andrew Arthur with AA Design and Tuning 206-445-2539. He was recommended by PHP, he built the T4 Setup and did the live tuning. Heís in the Spokane area and has been great to deal with!
Thanks, I will keep him in mind.
Spokane is approx 1160 miles from me. GH is approx 870 miles....surprisingly tyrant is only 810 miles, PHP is 1425,iles but I am not sure if they still live tune.

not sure whom else does live tuning. i know sometimes different tuners are in certain cities doing live tuning, but I feel that I would rather schedule and drive to a tuners location so they aren't rushed.

Luckily my various tunes are good enough to get me by for now.

PHP/Beans, 1023, SDK, GH tuned, 250/100 FF inj's, Irate t4 w/S369SXE, Swamps hvhf IDM, BTS Tranny, Strictly Diesel complete fuel system w/RR/fuel bowl gone,
Autometer Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP, DieselSite Coolant filtration system/billet housing/HP X-Over line, Donaldson Blue(6637)/AFE BHAF, RR Boots, 26 row 6.0 Tranny & PS Cooler, LarryB's Denso Starter
Old 08-04-2019, 04:15 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
good to hear. at some point I will be getting a hold of them for live tuning.

thats definitely reassuring, thanks

I imagine 3:73's with big tires and a diesel isn't nearly as bad as if it were a gasser. with my current config, our main road is only 45mph even though most do 50-60-70mph. I don't like to drive all rev'd up so i will let it go into od but our roads aren't necessarily flat and I find the rpms to be too low.
in this case maybe 3:73's might be ok as it wouldn't rev as high with OD off and could use OD when actually cruising on the hwy.

there are just some speeds that we get stuck at on the road that are not optimal for my particular setup, I think.

I appreciate the feedback
just pulled the trigger on a 364.5sxe
Not sure if you'd be interested in my 366sxe, if not I'll just list it for sale!

Texas Tuned
5" MBRP
Isspro gauges

Last edited by Dmstrucks02; 08-04-2019 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:58 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Let us know how that 364.5 works with the 238/80s. I've been thinking about making the same move.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2000 F-250 CCSB, converted to CCLB dually on 05 F350 Chassis 4:10 ratio on 34" tires.
238/80s, 366SXE, FluidAmp, studs,springs, GH cam, GH Tunes, mildly ported heads, custom fuel system. Warren Trans. CSD billet flex plate, Normal bolt on parts...

"Heavenbound, just passing through...."
Old 08-04-2019, 06:43 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Why the switch from 366 to 364.5? Spool time? Elevation? I love how my 366 runs, even with stock injectors I dont think it is lazy at all. Automatic transmission truck.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I really like my 66 also, I'm looking for the most ideal tow setup as possible.

2000 F-250 CCSB, converted to CCLB dually on 05 F350 Chassis 4:10 ratio on 34" tires.
238/80s, 366SXE, FluidAmp, studs,springs, GH cam, GH Tunes, mildly ported heads, custom fuel system. Warren Trans. CSD billet flex plate, Normal bolt on parts...

"Heavenbound, just passing through...."
Old 08-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back woods View Post
Why the switch from 366 to 364.5? Spool time? Elevation? I love how my 366 runs, even with stock injectors I dont think it is lazy at all. Automatic transmission truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfords View Post
I really like my 66 also, I'm looking for the most ideal tow setup as possible.

The 366 is fun but its lazy when pulling my TT.
I even bought the 68/74 exhaust wheel on the 364.5 - I wasn't sure that just the smaller compressor wheel would be enough...
I want this truck to pull trailers, and I'll sacrifice top end for better low and midrange.

I liked the 38r and the 364.5 with the 68/74 exhaust wheel is similar in size, and if the SXE is far superior it should still out perform!
Again my tunes are reserved being I have PMRs so that probably plays in too.

Its tuned to keep the torque limited down low, and the bigger s366 and 35" dont help!

Texas Tuned
5" MBRP
Isspro gauges