Tuning, what's the scoops?

dobanion

Reaction score
Sorry, just got my first 6.4. Getting completely lost in the noise of tuners.

H&S MiniMaxx was the ****, but now defunct, and support is waning. No thanks.

I'm interested in a stock or near stock power level, with *** and EGR ******. I have a manual trans. I'm thinking SCT x4 is my bet, and buy a "canned" tune. Who should I talk to about that? I see a few places that will be a full custom tune for $250, I think that's more than I need.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
You're gonna have to excuse me but that sounds a little suspect considering that you just joined and have two posts. I'm not going to tell you where to find a tuner but if I were you I'd just start reading a lot. You can find the places you're looking for by reading between the lines. There are a lot of people who will reach out to you if you ask the right questions in facebook groups. They're opening themselves up to whatever comes... but that's on them.

I have an H&S and I like it very much. The mid level tunes are great. FWIW.

Don't take it as an affront, this is a great forum and there's a lot of information on the hardware side of things. But tuning's a touchy subject these days. Especially considering the EPA fined one guy 7500 for tuning his one own personal truck.

seapig53

Reaction score
I find this all very sad, but there are some really great people out there to post it I’ve things with our motors. I have been “attempting” to find some support with regards to my ****** situation. Most are very helpful.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Like mentioned a lot of changes have taken place so search around, build a relationship with a contact and narrow down what’s available for your needs. I personally got into this back in 2012 when things took a turn but it wasn’t as tough as it is today. been out of it for awhile and just repurchased a few diesels noticing the extreme crackdown on the tooning/aftermarket world. With that said I did my part here/there and found everything I need for my 6.7/6.4 & stock piled parts before changes started taking place last year. GL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.