Wheel/Tire Tech Thread

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Jeff have u looked into the hankook dynapro atms? They got a nice sidewall pattern and so far i like them alot.

I'll check them out. Thanks for the suggestion Matt.

I love my grabbers. They ride great and don't have much noise at all. They look killer as well, the trick gets compliments all the time on the tires and wheels

sent from somewhere in the country

You would suggest those. :poke:

LOL

ingrahams

Reaction score
Well I thought I lucked out and was able to snag a set of novakanes off ebay from top gun customz but after calling they said it was a mistake with the posting and they wouldn't be available until August, they did give me $150 back off the price for the screw up but now my plans have been screwed up for my 3 week leave. My question is will 33" tires on the stock 18" steels rub with 5.4 coils? I'm going to be running fox shocks 5.4 coils no block in the rear and PMF stage 3 bars and eventually the 20x10 stealth novikanes with nitto 420's. for now the stock wheels rattle canned black will have to do as long as they won't rub. Thanks
-Stew

kicker417

Reaction score
2008 4x4 f350 with 3' rough country. I want to run the motal metal M0962 -44 with some 35' any clue if i can get away with this set up

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
Hey Jeff, X2 on the Hankook Dynapros. Have a set of them in 35's with 60k miles on them and they still have at least if not more than half the tread left. Almost all highway miles though.

Also does anybody know what it will take to run 37x12.50x20 on a 20x10 -24mm on a 2012 6.7?? My dad wants to run them but wants the smallest lift height it will take to clear them....

Irish816

Reaction score
325/60/20 with 20x9 +12 offset?

2007 f250 outlaw, K have the tires, have the ballistic jester 20x9 with the +12 offset on 325/60/20s mounted. I have a readylift sst kit that will add a tire of 37's but the 35's are rubbing. I have read others with the exact same kit I have running the same size tires on 8.5"rims with No rubbing. So I assume it's the offset. Readylift said 0 offset will work and the +12's wouldn't no matter if I got a bigger lift, but I've been told by others to do anything from 0 to 32 offset would work. Do I need to get wheel adapters/or spacers? Or just trim the plastic rubbery crap under the wheel well which I assume the shop means when they say it is rubbing....yeah sorry for all the questions, I'm frustrated as hell cause I love these rims and everyone keeps tellin me something different....plus I've had a bit to drink,, Help!!! Which offset will work and Why won't the +12 work!

kicker417

Reaction score
+12 will work all that might be tubing is the little plastic just pull it back or cut it just a little

michigan37

Reaction score
I have a 3.5" PMF block, PMF traction bars, PMF 3-link, and PMF 2" leveling kit sitting in my garage waiting to go on. I'll more than likely be putting my 20x10 SOTA's back on (running factory 20's at the moment) and I'm trying to decide what tire to go with. I'm looking for a 35" tire in an A/T. I've had Toyo Open Country A/T 325/60/20's before and liked them a lot. I don't want Terra Grapplers. I don't like the side wall pattern (I'm picky).

Anyone have any recommendations for a good, long lasting A/T? My truck gets a lot of miles put on it, especially on the highway. Thanks for any input!

I have Goodyear Duratracs (325/60/20) on my truck right now with 50k on them and I know I'll get at least another 10k out of them. I'm like you, a lot of highway driving. (180 miles a day) But to warn you, they seem to wander more than normal, I'll probably go back to BFG after these. But they do hold up, look great and have great traction.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Anyone think I would have issues running a 295/60/20 Nitto Terra Grappler on a 20x10 wheel? My PMF stuff should go on this week and these tires on my factory 20's still have a lot of life left in them. I'm thinking about pulling them off of the factory 20's and running them. Save some money you know? LOL

I looked on Nitto's site and they are showing 8.5-10.0 for wheels, so I would be on the maxed out end of wheel width for tire. I assume this shouldn't be a problem?

Agjake11

Reaction score
If I want to run a 12in wide wheel would that be possible at stock height and if so what width tire would it need to be?

two example options below. one 20x12 and one 20x10 both trucks are stock height

20x12 fuel throttles. 325/50/20 Mickey Thompson atz.

2000 f250 with 07 front end. Completely stock suspension.
Good bit of rubbing left front inner fender liner. Cut about 5-6 inches off to ensure no rubbing. Right fender liner almost never rubs except on uneven ground and at full lock.

I should add that the tires stick out 2-3 inches past the fenders.

View attachment 4742View attachment 4743

2004 4x4 stock up front 1" block out back (-1) 20x10 -24mm fuel throttles w/ 305/55/20 falken wild peak at's. Rub at full lock on inner fender some, trimmed and good to go. Rub when full lock and uneven ground still a little.

05725529.jpg

baed000e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online