Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Welding & Fabrication Forum

Old 04-14-2016, 09:22 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke95 View Post
Awesome! Whats your plans for lighting? Reclaimer of any kind?

Led lighting in the 6k color range. When the front door is finished I have some magnetic battery lights I am going to position in the cabinet to figure out where I want the lights to prevent glare on the front glass and to ensure that there are no shadows on the work piece.

I'm open to ideas on the following part.

As for replaimer, the current plan is a filter set up on the back to collect dust that then vents out of my shop. This cabinet is going to be air tight so im hoping the cabinet being pressurized will force the dust to the filter. If not ill add a fan post filter The media that falls to the bottom can then be returned to the pressure pot by opening the bottom ball valve or will continue feeding the siphon gun.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:34 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

I hit a snag. I was going to use 5" exhaust pipe I had laying around to use for the section the gloves will hold the gloves. It turns out I'm to big and a 6" id pipe will be needed. I planned on using these metal cans and tig welding them in place, but I've decided to run to the blacksmith and see if the have some tubing the right size that's little heavier. If not ill just order some 6" exhaust pipe. I don't want to begin building the font and side doors untill I have these pieces welded, so Ill start on the pressure pot if I can't cone up with anything today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160414_08_01_02_Pro.jpg (1.49 MB, 41 views)
Old 04-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

All 4 holes cut. The gloves will be left,left,right, right. I set in the position that felt comfortable with the gloves on and had my wife measure the distance between my arms. It came out to 18" center the center for the two inside gloves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160414_08_00_29_Pro.jpg (1.78 MB, 32 views)
Old 04-14-2016, 10:00 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I bought a Skatblast cabinet off a farm sale last fall dirt cheap. I love the cabinet, but the dumbest thing that company did was put the work lamp right in front of the dust collector. The dust surrounds that light and will actually make it difficult to see. I think if you pull the dust out the back like you're saying, you'll be in good shape.

1995 Ford F-350, RCLB, Cummins, 47re
Old 04-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Also, check out tptools.com. They sell a lot of skatblast parts. They have the gloves and glove rings for sale on there for a somewhat reasonable price. As well as many other parts you may need

Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Appreciate it, ill take a look. Most of the lighting will be on the forward part of the cabinet on the top and down by the gloves, so I'm hoping that will be enough.

I seem to never have good luck buying used equipment. It may have been the years of buying used restaurant equipment, freezers, and coolers that have discouraged me, but I'm to the point were I only want new stuff. I'm wanting a mag drill right now. Ive found some deals on some older models but can't pull the trigger out of fear it lasting a month then burning up.

Last edited by little luke; 04-14-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by little luke View Post
I seem to never have good luck buying used equipment. It may have been the years of buying used restaurant equipment, freezers, and coolers that have discouraged me, but I'm to the point were I only want new stuff. I'm wanting a mag drill right now. Ive found some deals on some older models but can't pull the trigger out of fear it lasting a month then burning up.
Yeah its definitely a risk. When I bought my cabinet there was a mice nest in the gloves and a dead one inside the compartment. Cleaned it up, ordered new gloves, and the thing runs like a champ. I have less than $200 into it

Old 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
As for replaimer, the current plan is a filter set up on the back to collect dust that then vents out of my shop. This cabinet is going to be air tight so im hoping the cabinet being pressurized will force the dust to the filter. If not ill add a fan post filter The media that falls to the bottom can then be returned to the pressure pot by opening the bottom ball valve or will continue feeding the siphon gun.
We have pressurized distributors at our feedmill that essentially do this. air volume is important. not sure how dusty itll be or how fine the dust is but either push OR pull the air doing both wont give you the positive (or negative) pressure youll need. you could always add another fan blowing into the cabinet if needed. our fans will push over 100lbs at the mill but you shouldnt need that much lol

Quote:
Still rocking a big vic oxy acetylene torch. Been looking at a hypertherm powermax 45 for over a month, but miller is offering a pretty good rebate on a miller 211 and a 625 extreme. Anyway, end caps cut and welded.
Im planning on selling my current plasma and getting a powermax 45. from what ive seen its the best bang for your buck out there. there is something to be said about a miller though

02 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat 4x4
Farm truck. homemade flatbed
Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Only reason I was considering a miller was the rebate with both machines, but my friend has decided to sell me his miller 211, tank, 50' extension cord, cart, and a few other things for $900. It's 2 years old with maybe an hour of run time. So I'm proboly going to go with the hypertherm 45. The 30 would do proboly do fine, but for the price difference I want the bigger one that will accept a machine torch.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Cant go wrong with that plan! Only reason I havent gotten a 45 is that I need my old forcecut to pay for the tig welder I want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

02 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat 4x4
Farm truck. homemade flatbed