2017 Sport Mode

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
TC button ?

The traction control button, go through them then ill pop up.

15747380_10154244017946238_3423352123898832345_n.jpg

A guy tried it out on his 17 on FB.

I asked him if he felt a difference and he said "the bottom end feels stronger".

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
on the F-150 you push the tow haul button twice.

It doesn't actually change the throttle response on the F-150s either, it just holds more rpm so when you get back in the throttle the chargers are already singing full song.

My fusion has the same thing and its non turbo. its helps but not as obvious

I remember seeing different tables throttle sensitivity for EB F150 (normal vs sport) on HPT, I looked at them again and yes it appears ford has the same settings for normal vs sport mode.

The tables are there though.

MgqXdTY.png

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
just checked, mine has sport mode. will report back with driving and try it on my dyno next week.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Sweet, 450 w/ 4.30's also has it, thought it might be a 350 or lower/E-locker type deal where the 450's didn't get it. Haven't driven it yet just had to push the buttons before I fell asleep so I could sleep better :D

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Sweet, 450 w/ 4.30's also has it, thought it might be a 350 or lower/E-locker type deal where the 450's didn't get it. Haven't driven it yet just had to push the buttons before I fell asleep so I could sleep better :D

Awesome, let us know if you feel any difference if anything.

I believe the drws 350-450 only have torque management in 1st so it should pull hard on the bottom end.

theplumber

Reaction score
Select sport mode on mine and no différence :(

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

F

Floorboard79

ill try it today, im sure the difference will be minor. be nice if it removed tq. management in 2nd and 3rd. hell im over 60 before i get full power

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Didn't notice any power/feel differences as the weather was garbage today, but sport mode definitely enables longer intersection and back road drifts along with plowing through snow without T/C killing throttle on first slip.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
From what i have noticed on the F-150 is that the desired RPM is near 2000 all the time and that when you are in heavy trafic so on and off the throttle and brake that it holds the gear longer. Sort of like tow haul mode. There are some slight differences between tow haul and sport but the main thing is holding 2000 when coasting lightly. Like her truck will hold 5th at 65 mph instead of going into 6th.

F

Floorboard79

it seems there are four "modes" to be had with the traction control button.

Traction control on
tap twice - advance trac/sport mode
tap once more - it shows advance trac only
once more - traction control off

All i noticed in the two advance trac modes was slightly shift points and does not up shift as quickly

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to play with this feature... LOL

2017 F-350 DRW Platinum. 20 inch wheels, 295/60/20 Yokohama Geolanders (34 inch tall) 4.10:1 gears.

No serious power increases (seat of the pants dyno.... ) But with no load, I like the way it shifted better. It was in between the Tow/Haul style of harder shifts and higher shift points, and the relatively tame normal mode. Still didn't get the hit down low, like full power was readily available, but, def more "sporting" LOL

Latest posts

Members online