Stealth performance

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
The alteration to the infection pulse(s) is post ecm so the computer cannot tell. It can see mass airflow, and things like that. However, that's deep into the grey area.

Injectors are an output not an input, so they cannot "sense" the duration of the pulse. It just commands a longer pulse than stock. It's crude, but it works. In my experience mpg is not better and regents are more frequent and you do gain power.

superpsd

Reaction score
I highly doubt the pcm is datalogging inputs. That would require massive memory space. As long as the box does not trigger a DTC should be good to go. It's crude way but works like way back when I used tricks like increasing fuel pressure or hogging out a MAF tube on gassers to richen AF ratios as I was too poor to afford correct tuning in those days. Sometimes you would have to clock a MAF or play around with adjustments to keep the Pcm happy depending on application. We'll those ways are more crude than a engineered box that has its own controller.

Last edited:

Inline6359

Reaction score
My thoughts are even though it leaves no visible imprint in the ecm, and injection pulses are outputs, I would imagine there are other tell tail signs of foul play. Such as egt's, max boost limits being exceeded. Could there be others, I would imagine, but storing an exceeded value wouldn't take much memory if any. Of course this is all speculation, maybe sombody with personal ids experience can chime in.

theplumber

Reaction score
And do you think this can change the shifting ?
The shifting is a big issue IMO.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
The alteration to the infection pulse(s) is post ecm so the computer cannot tell. It can see mass airflow, and things like that. However, that's deep into the grey area.

Injectors are an output not an input, so they cannot "sense" the duration of the pulse. It just commands a longer pulse than stock. It's crude, but it works. In my experience mpg is not better and regents are more frequent and you do gain power.

I highly doubt the pcm is datalogging inputs. That would require massive memory space. As long as the box does not trigger a DTC should be good to go. It's crude way but works like way back when I used tricks like increasing fuel pressure or hogging out a MAF tube on gassers to richen AF ratios as I was too poor to afford correct tuning in those days. Sometimes you would have to clock a MAF or play around with adjustments to keep the Pcm happy depending on application. We'll those ways are more crude than a engineered box that has its own controller.
Thanks you for clarifying.
My thoughts are even though it leaves no visible imprint in the ecm, and injection pulses are outputs, I would imagine there are other tell tail signs of foul play. Such as egt's, max boost limits being exceeded. Could there be others, I would imagine, but storing an exceeded value wouldn't take much memory if any. Of course this is all speculation, maybe sombody with personal ids experience can chime in.

This was more what I was thinking.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
The only thing that changes with shifting is it defuels a little less. 7ou can feel it but it's not a big deal.

Aaronds

Reaction score
I just installed this last night on my 2014 F250. Their big selling point is that it won't void the warranty so I really hope the claim is valid. I didn't do anything scientific but I can tell you I normally get 13-14 in town and I reset the dash after install and was getting 18 average on a 50 mile run. Again I didn't do an exact apples to apples but that's my experience. It does add noticeable power and takes away the typical lag. Installing it was just plugging in to the fuel rail and that's it. Hope that helps a little.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
The trip computer is wrong after the installation of this device because it alters fuel delivery and fuel consumed post ecu.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I just installed this last night on my 2014 F250. Their big selling point is that it won't void the warranty so I really hope the claim is valid. I didn't do anything scientific but I can tell you I normally get 13-14 in town and I reset the dash after install and was getting 18 average on a 50 mile run. Again I didn't do an exact apples to apples but that's my experience. It does add noticeable power and takes away the typical lag. Installing it was just plugging in to the fuel rail and that's it. Hope that helps a little.
so it doesn't plug in anywhere else but the fuel rail?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Aaronds

Reaction score
so it doesn't plug in anywhere else but the fuel rail?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

No just the fuel rail and that's it. Hadn't heard anything about them and they offer 30 days money back so I figured it was worth a shot to keep my warranty.

highdrum

Reaction score
18hp peak gain? I know stealth says more HP through out entire curve, I wonder if gains were better in other places on graph?

theplumber

Reaction score
It's nice little box but for only 18 HP this is bad !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk