2017+ tuned 6.7 numbers

Reaction score
Been away from the scene for a while. Just curious what these new 6.7's are doing these days. The 6.4 used to be the tuned powerhouse with factory compounds and rather large flowing stock fuel system.

What kind of numbers are these revised 6.7's putting down? I was watching videos and people were saying 600-620rwhp so I thought I'd come here and ask if this is true.

Thanks

joebuck

Reaction score
Tuned, intake and exhaust I think is anywhere from 550-580 depending on what/who’s tunes and the truck itself, but others can chime in and verify +/-

Black AOD

Reaction score
540-560 is about where the stock GT37 turbo stops with air. My truck did 550-556whp on the dyno with about 1100tq. Many numbers ive seen are similar, slightly more on HP, slightly less on TQ and vice versa.

Low 13s or High 12s on the track

Reaction score
Seems pretty much on par with a 6.4

I was pretty skeptical when I was watching these guys say 620rwhp with just intake exhaust and tune.

superpsd

Reaction score
Well tuning isn't out yet for the 2020s. It will be interesting to see what they are capable of.

Reaction score
Well tuning isn't out yet for the 2020s. It will be interesting to see what they are capable of.

Im jealous of the steel pistons they come with to handle more abuse. The thing is with these new trucks I didnt think there would be any emisison remove tuning available with the EPA crack down which is why I didnt think it was going to have those huge HP numbers.

superpsd

Reaction score
Im jealous of the steel pistons they come with to handle more abuse. The thing is with these new trucks I didnt think there would be any emisison remove tuning available with the EPA crack down which is why I didnt think it was going to have those huge HP numbers.

There is still power to made emissions on. Most of the companies are refining the intact tuning. The 2020 does have a smaller turbo so that may limit performance gains unless upgraded. Last I've seen the TCM tuning is supported but not the engine yet

Black AOD

Reaction score
The 2020's are rated for 475/1050 tq at the crank from the factory. Numerous people have already proven that's SEVERELY under rated from Ford. Many folks are dyno running these trucks and seeing anywhere between 420-450whp and over 1000tq meaning these trucks basically make 500hp/1100tq + from the factory.

Between the 10 speed trans, the updated CP4 and injectors which now are capable of running up to 36KPSI factory and the newer designed VGT turbo they run, these trucks will likely make 600+ whp and over 1300 tq if they can ever be dleeted and tuned. They will be a serious contender power wise again the new Chevy L5P setups

I've now driven an F250, F350 & F450 2020's and I cant believe the factory power they have. It's mind blowing to me, especially with having emissions factory.

Black AOD

Reaction score
There is still power to made emissions on. Most of the companies are refining the intact tuning. The 2020 does have a smaller turbo so that may limit performance gains unless upgraded. Last I've seen the TCM tuning is supported but not the engine yet

The smaller turbo is news to me, where did you see that if you don't mind pointing me to where that's at? I want to read up on that.

Last I knew no tuning existed at all for these trucks. It's going to be quite a while before anything decent exists.

superpsd

Reaction score
The smaller turbo is news to me, where did you see that if you don't mind pointing me to where that's at? I want to read up on that.

Last I knew no tuning existed at all for these trucks. It's going to be quite a while before anything decent exists.

KC turbo posted some pictures they had torn down a 2020 turbo. They do spool stupid quick.

Hp tuners only supports the TCM so far and I think thats under Beta testing?

My 450 was having some cutting out under heavy throttle conditions that all a sudden went away. Never threw a code. I suspect it is possible Ford already Flashed my truck remotely. From digging thru articles it apears all 2020 Fords have the ability for OTA updates and most of these updates will be done in the background without you even knowing. They have the ability to access any module on board. For tuning I am curious if something will need to be disabled so Ford does not flash anything thats been tuned.

The 7.3s are already being tuned with HP software.
2020-Powerstroke-TCM-sq.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like the snooping has really begun. I heard with OBD III California wants to be able to OTA access vehicles on the fwy on ramp and see if the car is running clean,check engine light, modification to the tunes/engine and send out fines. I really hate this state but so far I heard its violating the privacy act to do so.

KC turbo posted some pictures they had torn down a 2020 turbo. They do spool stupid quick.

Hp tuners only supports the TCM so far and I think thats under Beta testing?

My 450 was having some cutting out under heavy throttle conditions that all a sudden went away. Never threw a code. I suspect it is possible Ford already Flashed my truck remotely. From digging thru articles it apears all 2020 Fords have the ability for OTA updates and most of these updates will be done in the background without you even knowing. They have the ability to access any module on board. For tuning I am curious if something will need to be disabled so Ford does not flash anything thats been tuned.

The 7.3s are already being tuned with HP software.
2020-Powerstroke-TCM-sq.png

Wicked

Reaction score
Looks like the snooping has really begun. I heard with OBD III California wants to be able to OTA access vehicles on the fwy on ramp and see if the car is running clean,check engine light, modification to the tunes/engine and send out fines. I really hate this state but so far I heard its violating the privacy act to do so.

That is insane!

J98

Reaction score

There has been talk of doing this since 2012.. not exactly news

Latest posts

Members online