Brake issue

panteramatt

Reaction score
So I was towing my camper with my 2006 6.0 F350 when I had to get on the brakes and suddenly it pulled hard to the right. It did this the rest of the way to the campground, about 40 miles. Got out and checked and all the wheels were covered in brake dust BUT the front passenger was clean and caliper was cold which should have been the left caliper not working. Truck has all newer discs, pads, fluid and all stainless braided lines. Now I just got home and it stopped perfect the entire way. Thought the pins might have been seized but it shoulda been the left side. What should I look for and why did it start working fine?

panteramatt

Reaction score
Frozen slid pins possibly, this will make calipers not work properly.

My fist thought but its wierd the right front side was cold. Also if the slide pins were frozen it would cause the truck not to drive straight and it drove perfect til you hit the brakes

powerlifter405

Reaction score
checking slide pins is cheap and easy. I had a brand new caliper that wouldn't brake properly. All said and done, there was a large burr that kept the slide pins from fully compressing. Literally, a quick blip w/ a drill bit and the slide pin hole was cleaned up.

But as others are saying it could be in a stuck position. My 05 had that happen twice, once the rear passenger and later the front drivers. Each time the slide pins had seized closed.

Good luck