Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.4 Aftermarket

Old 09-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

okay so after a trip to the dealer they pulled p2291 icp too low, they said they did a test of low pressure and it was fine, that they ohmd the vcv and pcv and it was 3.5 ohms each one. they ruled it to a bad pump
which i donít believe as the engine was running completely fine before i put it in another truck, and also the pumps a motor craft new pump only 35,000km ago 2 years. i towed it back home because i called BS on theyíre diagnosis, and it ran for me just no throttle,
i called a bunch of shops and spent about 4 hours online

iíve come to itís either the harness under the pump cover, that either i didnít click in all the way, (which i know i did because i put a zip tie around it) and or the FRP sensor or that side harness under valve cover

anyone have any experience with this

if i can get the truck running it will idle, stumble, but idle, i had it idling for an hour or so the other day, so how can a pump be bad??? it will fire right up too no long crank etc,,

after the dealer i tried to start it today, and no surprise now it wonít start. just cranks..

or the last one..a bad pump.. which i highly doubt,

only other things are the fact i put dieelectric grease on every connector, and might of spun the engine backwards, when it was out, to make sure all the mains i put it didnít cause a tight crank,
could spinning the engine backwards ruined the pump? by hand?

also does anyone still think it could be a restriction in the tank.. I know itís long but any help is appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2020, 09:43 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccafellas View Post
okay so after a trip to the dealer they pulled p2291 icp too low, they said they did a test of low pressure and it was fine, that they ohmd the vcv and pcv and it was 3.5 ohms each one. they ruled it to a bad pump
which i donít believe as the engine was running completely fine before i put it in another truck, and also the pumps a motor craft new pump only 35,000km ago 2 years. i towed it back home because i called BS on theyíre diagnosis, and it ran for me just no throttle,
i called a bunch of shops and spent about 4 hours online

iíve come to itís either the harness under the pump cover, that either i didnít click in all the way, (which i know i did because i put a zip tie around it) and or the FRP sensor or that side harness under valve cover

anyone have any experience with this

if i can get the truck running it will idle, stumble, but idle, i had it idling for an hour or so the other day, so how can a pump be bad??? it will fire right up too no long crank etc,,

after the dealer i tried to start it today, and no surprise now it wonít start. just cranks..

or the last one..a bad pump.. which i highly doubt,

only other things are the fact i put dieelectric grease on every connector, and might of spun the engine backwards, when it was out, to make sure all the mains i put it didnít cause a tight crank,
could spinning the engine backwards ruined the pump? by hand?

also does anyone still think it could be a restriction in the tank.. I know itís long but any help is appreciated..

Ctc deezul had one similar to this fairly recently, now that I think about it. Try swapping the accelerator pedal with your other truck, and see what happens, for ****s and grins to rule it out anyways

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, KC Stage 2 hi pressure, S476 atmosphere, Odawg Stage 2 ported intake, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters and pushrods, RCD 120# valve springs, ARP 625s, o ringed heads, Warren 7mm 250/100 hybrids, Strictly bowl dereete regulated return, Air Dog 2 4g, Snow stage 2 water/meth
Old 09-22-2020, 09:46 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 Tech View Post
Ctc deezul had one similar to this fairly recently, now that I think about it. Try swapping the accelerator pedal with your other truck, and see what happens, for ****s and grins to rule it out anyways

Even tho it worked perfectly fine before? Just wondering, I will try.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Yeah, like I said, just for ****s and grins, who knows if it'll do anything, but it ought to rule it out.

04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, KC Stage 2 hi pressure, S476 atmosphere, Odawg Stage 2 ported intake, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters and pushrods, RCD 120# valve springs, ARP 625s, o ringed heads, Warren 7mm 250/100 hybrids, Strictly bowl dereete regulated return, Air Dog 2 4g, Snow stage 2 water/meth
Old 09-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0 Tech View Post
Yeah, like I said, just for ****s and grins, who knows if it'll do anything, but it ought to rule it out.

Okay thank you Sir.

Old 09-23-2020, 01:39 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

So Pedal change did nothing,
I couldnt even get past 20psi FRP
So I took the old hpfp out
Getting good at these things
Had it out in an hour lol

Hopefully this one works, when I took the old one off, I spun the gear and it spun freely like no compression whatsoever
The one from my other truck thats known good, has compression, like its not hard, but not easy like the other one.. maybe the old one was fubard. Fingers crossed..

Old 09-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Soooo. I changed the HPFP, and now I have throttle! Finally! But it still dies, and have 2291 still.. SO, reached out to some vetís many I might say, and Sootie, had recommended I unplug the FRP sensor, and try and run it..

Well guess what it runs! Still dies, but runs a lot longer than with it plugged in,
With it plugged in it will run 1 second and dies
And with it unplugged it runs for a good 5-10 seconds.. and dies..

Is that a default that it dies instantly?
Or is it still full of air?
Iím taking the other frp sensor off the other truck tomorrow to see if it finally fixes it.
Lord knows what the heck is going on..
Special thanks to these guys
[mention]White_monster [/mention]
[mention]6.0 Tech [/mention]
[mention]sootie [/mention]
[mention]CTC DEEZUL [/mention]

Thanks for all the help, I know iíve been a huge pain,
Up here in Sudbury this small town there is NO reputable diesel guys, without your guyís help I probably would of tore apart the whole thing again.
An honest thank you.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I recently had similar crank no start issues with mine after a full rebuild. It ended up being the Rail pressure sensor on the passenger side. It's one of the only sensors I did not replace.

I was able to look in Forscan and it was reading 3k psi with key on engine off. it's supposed to command 5k at startup, and when mine was cranking I was "seeing" 8k. from what I read, the sensor was giving a false reading causing the pump to bleed pressure off, and not quite giving enough pressure to get the truck to fire. For the $50 sensor, it might make sense to try and change it. Or try to read the pressures with forscan. Even if you don't have forscan the H&S will read frp on the display. Take a look and see what it's doing.

Yours sounds like it could be a similar issue. For the $50 OBD cable and free software, forscan is a no brainer, and could have saved a trip to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourEyed View Post
I recently had similar crank no start issues with mine after a full rebuild. It ended up being the Rail pressure sensor on the passenger side. It's one of the only sensors I did not replace.

I was able to look in Forscan and it was reading 3k psi with key on engine off. it's supposed to command 5k at startup, and when mine was cranking I was "seeing" 8k. from what I read, the sensor was giving a false reading causing the pump to bleed pressure off, and not quite giving enough pressure to get the truck to fire. For the $50 sensor, it might make sense to try and change it. Or try to read the pressures with forscan. Even if you don't have forscan the H&S will read frp on the display. Take a look and see what it's doing.

Yours sounds like it could be a similar issue. For the $50 OBD cable and free software, forscan is a no brainer, and could have saved a trip to the dealer.

I replaced my FRP sensor this morning, after [mention]sootie [/mention] recommended I try and start it without it, so far it fires up and runs! Just need to bleed the air because it keep dying.
I also changed that side wiring harness as per [mention]6.0 Tech [/mention] saying hes had issues with the harnessís going bad. So far so good!
Thanks tho Foureyed

Old 09-24-2020, 02:00 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

AND SHE RUNS!!!!

Some clips from the video the gf took.

Thank you to all of ya who helped! Itís been a long few months, full engine rebuild removal and install and lift kit install all in my driveway! Lol.