08 f-250 Cummins swap

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
Ok guys i finnaly got one of my customers to see the light!!!!!! :hammer:

his truck has 62k on it with headstuds, rudys valve springs, WG, airdog, h&s, intake, ported rails, batmowheel and few other things.

Just small stuff keeps happening and he's tired of us working on it so he wants to see some options of puttin a cummins in his truck. prefer 06/07 so we could run EFI live on it. loves his truck but 6.4 just alot of trouble and expensive to work on. Input on this would be great, pics help, Pro's Con's and any offers on the motor lol.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What keeps failing on the engine currently?

Good luck on the swap

Forcedfed 5.9 is the guy to go to on this he had a 08 fummins for a littkewhile

me2

Reaction score
FF had an 06. I have an 08 I'll be swapping shortly. I'm doing a 6.7 with twins.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
fuel line from k16 to passenger fuel rail keeps breaking and had a few small oil leaks, up pipes need to be replaced. just a pain to work on. get more power out of the CR easier. its at 575-600hp now but with a cummins its so much cheaper. not ragin on 6.4s but cummins have proved them selves pretty good. plus i had a influence...lol

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Pretty extreme for not wanting to deal with fuel lines, oil leak and that "flex/mesh" on up-pipes, but it'd be cool to see how it turns out.....tagged

Marty

Reaction score
I agree, not to mention all the "little" headaches he is dealing with right now will pale in comparison to a Cummins Swap.

Oh well.......

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Interested to see how this turns out. Atleast he isn't going the really easy way and going with a 12v and is going with a newer engine. Is he going to use a 6.7 or a 5.9?

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
In some states it is required for the motor transplant to be equal or greater than the year of the vehicle. Is that only in states that do emissions?

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
i know it seems like small stuff but he wants more power but dont have the $ to do it in a 6.4 because everything is so expensive. wants the newer 5.9 so efi can be used. goal is 800hp on single charger fuel only which will be pretty easy with BMW charger and some good sticks and efi tuning

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Seams to me that the swap would cost way more than the hp goal.

Dual fuelers will solve the line breaking issues.
6.0 manifolds and new uppipes will solve that issue
Mpd offers manifolds and uppipes too.

.... I.personally think it's a step backwards. Pick your poison I guess

Best of luck on the swap

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
Seams to me that the swap would cost way more than the hp goal.

Dual fuelers will solve the line breaking issues.
6.0 manifolds and new uppipes will solve that issue
Mpd offers manifolds and uppipes too.

.... I.personally think it's a step backwards. Pick your poison I guess

Best of luck on the swap

thanks its gonna be a fun project. if he cant get a decent price on his motor then will just have to keep fixing it. he just is at the shop and watch's us work on dodges and see wat hp we get and the cost vs his truck and the other 6.4s we do.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
How about 5500$ for a running common rail 5.9 out of an 06 that has damn near a new set of injectors?

sent from my mf'n droid

Emery19

Reaction score
wouldn't buying another motor, and the cost of parts for it to make the power, plus the labor to put it in, cost more then buying the parts to fix current motor and labor for install? like I'm thinking thats a significant difference.. he might be able to get money out of his motor, but i think it would just be a huge headache, especially if there is a lot of time that has to go into wiring everything so it all works..

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
How about 5500$ for a running common rail 5.9 out of an 06 that has damn near a new set of injectors?

sent from my mf'n droid

trade you a 6.4 motor...

wouldn't buying another motor, and the cost of parts for it to make the power, plus the labor to put it in, cost more then buying the parts to fix current motor and labor for install? like I'm thinking thats a significant difference.. he might be able to get money out of his motor, but i think it would just be a huge headache, especially if there is a lot of time that has to go into wiring everything so it all works..

seems like alot to do but it just such a pain to work on these 6.4s. just throwing the idea out there not for sure yet on it.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Pretty extreme for not wanting to deal with fuel lines, oil leak and that "flex/mesh" on up-pipes, but it'd be cool to see how it turns out.....tagged

ive never seen a cummins with a oil leak,or crack a fuel line....:pointlaugh:

i lied

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Poor guy thinks he's got problems now. Wait till he gets to deal with all them electronic gremlins. Plus I hope he plans on keeping that truck or a long time cause he'll never get remotely close to getting his money out of it. To each their own. All I know is if I had his money I'd burn mine oh wait penny's don't burn:rolleyes:

-Jake-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.