What Fuel system to install with my mods? fass?

brandonmc07

Reaction score
So I'm wondering if I should install a fuel system on my truck and if I even need one. How to I know which system to use as far a how much fuel they are pushing? Like a 90, 125, 200, or 225 GPH and they have different pressures. Then there are the driven diesel or irate systems built specifically for the 7.3.
I know I would have to add the fuel bowl ****** system to my current reg return system.
If someone could tell me the benefits of having a system vs staying with my the stock pump I would appreciate it. The main reason I started looking into it is because I noticed sediment in the fuel filter bowl when I change my filter last time. My injectors are 238/80 hybrids. I don't plan on adding anymore power in the near future do to having PMR's.
One more thing to add, Should I consider upgrading valve springs and pushrods?

sootie

Reaction score
Just do a factory hfcm from a 6.7 if you don't have plans to add more power

sootie

Reaction score
When I say I don't plan on adding power, I mean no more after whatever power a fuel system might add...

I would keep the upper filter. since when was a fuel system a power adder? it just helps you keep your injectors alive

emev0l

Reaction score
I've sold and installed several of the Irate and Driven Diesel fuel systems with Fuelab pumps. They'r both great kits. Irate does have a slightly cheaper kit that will work for your size injectors that used a Deatsch Werks pump, I only have 1 customer with one, zero issues.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Yes fuel pressure. I ran a 38r, 238/100s on stock fuel pump and even on my "hot tune" the gauge never budged.

brandonmc07

Reaction score
I need to get a gauge in the cab then. I can't tell you where it is right now.
I'm just searching for some more power and I know I need a system if I want to increase my nozzles. But these dang PMR's are holding me up! It makes me just wanna trade up for a 6.4. I only have 113k on this 7.3 though.

mandkole

Reaction score
Once upon a time I thought I could get away with a stocker. Some guys have also reported help from a sump and bigger hose on the suction to help a stocker and seemed to work. However lots pressure drop over the length of plumbing during high demand. If you don't see pressure drop with 238/100s, I'm very surprised. We saw 45 hp worth on the dyno 8-10 years ago. The old Essex inline gasser pump finally died but the fuelab has taken over since.

Not to argue, just the experience I had.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
I wasn't going for all out power so the "hot tune" was pretty conservative. At the time I was waiting for studs and then was going to run dual stocks to try to get some of that 45 hp worth. The truck was fun, even being conservative, but i didn't have 20x12 rims and 35s on it either.

Latest posts

Members online