7.3 questions

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Hey guys, will the factory 2 piece headlights from the 02-04 trucks (with the clearer headlight also found on the early 6.0s) fit without any modifications, a simple bolt on ?

If someone needs a pic of the headlights I am referring to, I can upload.

Jomax

Reaction score
Hey guys, will the factory 2 piece headlights from the 02-04 trucks (with the clearer headlight also found on the early 6.0s) fit without any modifications, a simple bolt on ?

If someone needs a pic of the headlights I am referring to, I can upload.

They’ll bolt right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Great, thanks Jomax

Just be careful on the main light, there’s those annoying clips that hold it into the header panel. It’s a pita. I ending up breaking them the first time I removed a set when going to the 2005+ headlights.

dmd

Reaction score
I didn't see anyone else mention to not use the CK rated oils, Ford does not recommend it.

Some like Lubrication Engineers make oil that is still CJ rated that will work fine in the 7.3 and others. Just put some in today and will see how it does. It seems quieter but always does after a oil change.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Just be careful on the main light, there’s those annoying clips that hold it into the header panel. It’s a pita. I ending up breaking them the first time I removed a set when going to the 2005+ headlights.

Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts

Members online