6.7 CAC pipe

Sixfoh

Reaction score
This is on a 2016 6.7 with just over 50K miles. Second time its happened but thankfully caught it before total failure like last time. How many of you guys run into this? Anyone ditch the factory press on clamp and replace it with a more traditional boot clamp? Or is it best to just get an aftermarket replacement? Thankfully my friend has one in stock and might slap that on for the time being. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 20200624_171942.jpg
    20200624_171942.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did a **** ton at the dealer. The new ford one is updated, and doesnt seem to have as many issues. And depending on years/mileage there was a recall on the tube.

Would not recommend puttimg a clamp on it, seen too many come in with boost leaks after peiple have fixed them like that. The plastic really isnt tough enough for what most people put on it with a clamp, and the plastic collapses.

Ive done a few of the aftermarket ones, no issues with them

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
When was the update? Like I said this is the second time doing it on this 2016. I do hear your concern about tossing a regular clamp on the plastic may not hold and deform it. I didnt even look to see if there was a metal collar inside to support it like the other removable side. Regardless changed it out with a sinister CAC pipe. Believe it or not the truck feels like its got a little more pep and oddly the regen was more complete than its ever been. Never been able to get this truck below 25% on the *** filter even with very long driving. An hour ride this morning and she went down to 20% not sure if it coincidental or the pipe actually made a difference.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Haha no way. We had it initially replaced early July of 2018. Probably right before the new design!

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Hey its what was around and got the truck on the road. Looking now Side Action Diesel sells a really nice one, looks like a breeze to install too.

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Anything was better than that stock plastic garbage that kept blowing apart lol

Latest posts

Members online