fuel in the oil?

Gearhead

Reaction score
leaking fuel injector lines or fittings under the valve cover more than likely.

NathannialD

Reaction score
could be the o ring on the injector letting fuel past, or a cracked head also. usually it is just the lines like Matt said.

webb06

Reaction score
the truck has erg delete yes and not sure its on craigs list i was goin to go look at it

More importantly it needs DPF delete. Which is usually done if the egr is deleted.

Excessive regens can cause excessive fuel oil dilution

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Have same issue goin on a truck now. If the injector lines or fittings were leaking fuel would it pass the high pressure test on the IDS? Just wondering a direction to go for diag.
It passes the high pressure fuel system test. Any ideas how to isolate the problem injector or line if this is the case?

webb06

Reaction score
Have same issue goin on a truck now. If the injector lines or fittings were leaking fuel would it pass the high pressure test on the IDS? Just wondering a direction to go for diag.
It passes the high pressure fuel system test. Any ideas how to isolate the problem injector or line if this is the case?

Any idea how much diesel and how quickly it's getting into the crankcase? I would think if the leaks pretty bad it wouldn't pass the high pressure test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have had them pass with leaking injector bodies. Best way to find where its coming from is pull both valve covers, put 3 bottles of dye in the secondary filter bowl, and run a hi pressure test. It will make a little mess with spraying oil, so use fender covers or something. Once its done running the test, use a blacklight to see where its coming from. If its really bad, you can see it while its running. I had one with 6 leaking injector bodies pass the hi pressure test, but every time the guy changed his oil, he was pulling out 20qts.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I drained the oil. Refilled it marked the level. Drove it pulled a bobcat, drove it about a 100 miles total and it has definitely gained a few quarts.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I drained about 28 qts initially, ran for about 100 plus miles. Pulled bobcat around for about 50 miles and its definitely added a few quarts again.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would put dye in the fuel bowl and start trying to figure out where its coming from. Mkst likely is the seal on the hpop. However, i have had injector bodies leak, had guys overtighten the jumper lines and *** up the flare or crack them, and i have never seen it personally, but the plugs on the ends of the rails could leak.

fubolislif22

Reaction score
I would put dye in the fuel bowl and start trying to figure out where its coming from. Mkst likely is the seal on the hpop. However, i have had injector bodies leak, had guys overtighten the jumper lines and *** up the flare or crack them, and i have never seen it personally, but the plugs on the ends of the rails could leak.

seal on the HPOP or HPFP, I was told on my page about this same issue that there is no correlation with the HPOP on these engines....

fubolislif22

Reaction score

I had this same issue where I was gaining oil, took it to a diesel mechanic he found the leaks under the valve covers (installed new lines, passenger side sensor and 1 injector). Picked the truck up, did a full oil change and about 300-350 miles in I'm already at the full mark on the dipstick AGAIN. Mind you I filled the truck up to the half way mark checked it cold over night and right when the engine was off so I knew exactly what I was looking for and boom its making oil once again it seems. Mechanic said he would pull the valve covers for free and do another inspection but do you think the leak is coming from somewhere else (HPFP was new with short block about 15k miles ago)?

I'm hoping its something under the valve covers, but if its not... then its got to be the HPFP seal, right? :cursing: What am I looking at cost wise here??

Maybe I'm over looking it, but my dipstick is definitely showing full

Latest posts

Members online