LE Customer Service

08Monster

Reaction score
***k, that is cold. I saw -1 Thursday and went screw this garbage.
Lol tonight is going to be even colder. It's only 10pm and it's showing -16. I'll see what it gets to tonight on the way home from work. That will be about 3am.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Lol tonight is going to be even colder. It's only 10pm and it's showing -16. I'll see what it gets to tonight on the way home from work. That will be about 3am.

Does the factory Ford sender only read to -17? That's what it's showing again today, all the banks I drove by were -22 down to -27. Making some ice tonight!

bluedge8

Reaction score
So, are you guys that are using fuel treatment buying Blended fuel from the station or straight #2? Around here our stations say they are blended for the correct time of year from Oct-April, with varying blends depending how cold it is. I have only found straight #2 around here at the truck stops with the large nozzles. I have Dirtymax for a winter beater this year which seems to want to gel easier than the other diesels I have run, so we'll see how that goes.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
Does the factory Ford sender only read to -17? That's what it's showing again today, all the banks I drove by were -22 down to -27. Making some ice tonight!

Were you in ND in 2010? I remember seeing -51 real temp on my phone and windchill close to -90 something, didn't get above zero for like 3 months or something

jimdawg185

Reaction score
So, are you guys that are using fuel treatment buying Blended fuel from the station or straight #2? Around here our stations say they are blended for the correct time of year from Oct-April, with varying blends depending how cold it is. I have only found straight #2 around here at the truck stops with the large nozzles. I have Dirtymax for a winter beater this year which seems to want to gel easier than the other diesels I have run, so we'll see how that goes.

All my customers here locally have tried both and have had gelling problems until they started treating. It's more the quality of the fuel before anything else. Most fuel is garbage. That's why Full Torque works so well. It's basically compensating for the fuels shortcomings. When we tested in Alaska with the Ice Road Truckers we didn't even use the winter formula. Their problem was mostly water and junk fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDRW

Reaction score
And I am here thinking it 7th cold when the weather hits 60 now, may go down to 30s during winter but that's it. I am glad I live in Florida. Good luck to all of you that need to battle the cold up north. Stay warm and safe buds.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Were you in ND in 2010? I remember seeing -51 real temp on my phone and windchill close to -90 something, didn't get above zero for like 3 months or something
Yep. Sxhool was cancelled that day. Lol

08Monster

Reaction score
I run straight 2 and mix myself. I don't trust their "preblended". Plus, #1 fuel is horrible for trucks. Super dry, ****ty mileage, etc. Wears components way faster.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
For the guys talking about bad fuel this little product might help with deciding where to get gas or even help filter at a bad station in a pinch...

http://www.mrfunnel.com/Mr._Funnel/Home.html

I know I'll have one in the truck at all times..

I currently have both of Jims winter and summer blend additives just waiting for a truck to use it In. Haha

Also picked up the gas treatment for my car and toys I'm looking forward to using, just need to get a couple small bottles to break it down...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
So far so good tonight with full torque again!
93da2e4cf147903c407127f36ac509ec.jpg

heavydoc

Reaction score
I run straight 2 and mix myself. I don't trust their "preblended". Plus, #1 fuel is horrible for trucks. Super dry, ****ty mileage, etc. Wears components way faster.

Yep. Sxhool was cancelled that day. Lol

I just left ND in Sept for for not so cold winters in western NC. part of me does miss the freezing and sub-zero temps though.

Latest posts

Members online