Gauge cluster needle swap?

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So I'm doing I guess a restomod on my OBS. Already got the 2011+ steering wheel, 08 axles, 4 link front and back, lowered, got 2008 seats and console (got a killer deal hence why I didn't do 08 console and 2011+ seats)... Money pit.

Was driving my 2014 f250 today to work and thought... Man, wouldn't it be cool if I mocked up this set up on the OBS? That being said. Has anyone swapped the needles from the newer superduty into the obs cluster? obviously white LEDs added to the back to get rid of the green.

I've never taken them both off to glance at them, size wise I think it should work. May need to be drilled up or a bushing added. If anyone has any input that would be great! These trucks are getting pretty common in the junkyards (totaled out) so getting a donor cluster shouldn't be hard or all that expensive.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Another thing I've considered is painting the needles or even attempting to put in aftermarket 99-03 needles

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I think this is something your just going to have to try, I highly doubt anybody has done this or tried this.

Do you have any pictures of your current interior? Id like to see it.

CJunkie

Reaction score
Where'd you get your axles and how much did you pay for em? Curious b/c I'm in the market for a sd axle swap.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bought a gas burner 2008 F250 that got rolled over and was already stripped for $3500. Rolling chassis. I wanted the big brakes.

Don't have any pictures currently. It's semi ripped apart and currently still in the XL configuration. It's about $9500 in interior stuff between the 08 seats, reupholster, 2011 steeringwheel and column, XLT door panels, double den head unit, and misc BS, carpet, etc, etc, etc.

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Where'd you get your axles and how much did you pay for em? Curious b/c I'm in the market for a sd axle swap.

I have a rear axle off of my 2009 f350 with 165,000 miles. I still have it in the truck but I have an upgraded axle I need to swap it out for. I'm in Northeast Ohio

CJunkie

Reaction score
I have a rear axle off of my 2009 f350 with 165,000 miles. I still have it in the truck but I have an upgraded axle I need to swap it out for. I'm in Northeast Ohio
If you werent so far away i might just try and take it off your hands. I'm in Washington state.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.