What causes "Deadpedal"?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Been trying different tunes lately, since I got the truck running again, and for some reason, I get deadpedal after about 5 minutes of driving. (From a cold start, to putting in gear, and driving away.)
I get to the first stop sign, and when I press the go pedal, there is NOTHING there...(good thing it's down hill.)

I know this isn't a new issue...it's very common....so what's the fix?
Take it to Ford and have it reflashed to the latest?

Thanks everyone!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Had this with a bully dog i ran for some time. It was something in their harness with the ebp. Had a code for ebp forced idle. Cant remember if it was hi or low. Have you pulled codes?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Had this with a bully dog i ran for some time. It was something in their harness with the ebp. Had a code for ebp forced idle. Cant remember if it was hi or low. Have you pulled codes?

Yeah, just the normal: "turbo/supercharger" code, egr code, and another one that is there all the time when nothing is stock anymore.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Latest additions were:
PHP ficm tuner.
CTS2 display
6 phase BP ficm.
330/150 injectors.

Just got injectors ironed out, and now trying to get my tune dialled in.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I can't believe how tunes can cripple a truck.
Everything from a no start at all, to a start with smooth idle and crisp throttle response, to start with rough idle and dead pedal, to start with no pedal response at all.

Insane how tunes can make an engine seem like it has bad injectors, and major issues, or run a smooth as glass, and shred the tires off from a dead stop.

sootie

Reaction score
I can't believe how tunes can cripple a truck.
Everything from a no start at all, to a start with smooth idle and crisp throttle response, to start with rough idle and dead pedal, to start with no pedal response at all.

Insane how tunes can make an engine seem like it has bad injectors, and major issues, or run a smooth as glass, and shred the tires off from a dead stop.

Did you get it lined out? Who's tunes are you running now?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Still working on it...but that's the state that the tunes make the engine run at....it's crazy.
All this time I figured there was something wrong with the engine...
.....its all in the tunes.
Still using Eric.
Jesse's tune is the most responsive off the line, but jerks the truck too much on the highway. (Because it is too sensitive.)
Tried tunes from PHP, and Gear head as well back in the spring, but the shifting was never as good as Jesse's or Eric's tunes.
For my truck anyways.

Latest posts

Members online