Sick of chasing issues

6.0bored

Reaction score
hello all,

been a lurker here for awhile, but can't seem to find some answers to problem i'm currently having with my 2006 6.0 Powerstroke.
Mods: CAI, Straight 5" exhaust, 190/30 Warren Injectors, Barder Stage 2, Bored .020", Flycut and delipped pistons, Stage 2 Elite Diesel Cam, Upgraded Valve Springs, ARP Studs, O-Ringed UCF Heads, AirDog 150, WPE Regulated Return and Ported Intake Manifold. Custom Warren Tunes on SCT SF3. 4.5" Icon lift with 18x10 Fuel Throttles Wrapped in 37x12.5R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Issues: Rough Idle(feel it shaking the truck) and no power when in gear/no acceleration no matter what pedal position. When in gear and holding brake it'll actually stall.

What I've Tried: replacement Injectors (was getting contribution code on cylinder 5 - swapped with cylinder 1 code moved to cylinder 1. got replacement injector still get cylinder 5 contribution code) when turning motor over it is very smooth and consistent so don't really think its a base motor issue. Tried swapping new FICM - No Change. Even got a working PCM from a totaled Truck - No Change. Went Through Engine harness, no abrasion anywhere, in good shape.

This is a plea for help... all thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bismic

Reaction score
Have you tried to pull any codes?

Also ICP volts and IPR % duty cycle when you are cranking and idling.

Also, check your FICM connections and wiring.

Also, if you ever want to let the used PCM go, let me know. I am looking for one.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Yes randomly get cylinder 5 contribution balance.

Going to pull that data tonight. Haven't noticed anything off with it, but haven't focused on just that.

Tried a brand new FICM with no change. Pulled harness and checked for chaffing and didn't find any.

I'll let you know on the PCM. It's a BZA if that matters for you.

bismic

Reaction score
I just don't see how it can be anything but an injector if the code follows the injector. I know it sounds next to impossible to have two bad injectors in a row, but stranger things have happened I suppose. Hopefully someone else jumps in, I am out of ideas.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Trouble is I tried my spare (had 9 injectors rebuilt) when that didn't fix it I got another one from Warren and no change there either. I'm out of ideas too, so I'm hoping more folks like yourself will chime in. Might not get to watching different PIDs until tomorrow, but I'll report my findings. Thanks for your thoghts/ideas.

jrex2506

Reaction score
The tunes u have are the right ones correct? Mine had rough idle, n other stuff, thought mine was wiring too, but my tunes didnt accout for plugged spill ports.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

junglejoe

Reaction score
As far as injectors.. My brother truck ended up having 3 sets of bad injectors! Truck still drove though

bismic

Reaction score
The tunes u have are the right ones correct? Mine had rough idle, n other stuff, thought mine was wiring too, but my tunes didnt accout for plugged spill ports.

Wiring and the affect of tunes shouldn't cause a DTC to follow the injector though!

I would bite the bullet and ask for one more injector.

6.0bored

Reaction score

Yup I even got Warren's tunes for those injectors. Sadly that didn't fix it.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Wiring and the affect of tunes shouldn't cause a DTC to follow the injector though!

I would bite the bullet and ask for one more injector.
Here's where it gets wierd, I put both the injectors that had codes in and only got 1 cylinder contribution code. The other puzzling thing is I've had a injector go bad in the past, but was still able to drive. With this situation it won't even eccelerate down the drive way... only way to get it moving is put it in neutral, get rpms up to about 2k and drop into gear then there is enough motor momentum to start the truck rolling and can go maybe 25mph once rolling.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Here is some data for icp desired and actual.
20170318_160536.jpg

6.0bored

Reaction score
Running after start up. Ect/eot about 140deg

6.0bored

Reaction score
Does it rev fine in neutral/park? Could be something silly like the tps?
Yes it revs in neutral, high idle works fine too. Seems slow, but could just be my imagination playing tricks on me. Sorry u lost me with tps. Please explain. Thx.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Throttle position sensor. Might be something to rule out?
I did check out of curiosity and when in gear with pedal to the floor the pcm is reading 100% throttle, but it doesn't seem like it's adding fuel. If that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Members online