What tuner will do what I want

brockshields38

Reaction score
I already have a TS 6 chip and I'm more than happy with how it works so all I want a tuner for is to check my numbers, temps, Econ, pressures etc. Manual trams so I won't have shifting problems because of it. I do not want it to run any sort of tunes and if I do run a chip and a tuner at the same time will anything bad happen. Ive tried finding tuners online but everything just comes up as chips. OBD plug in so I can't just get one from my buddies who all have SD 7.3

79jasper

Reaction score
Or have the obd2 flash done, the use torque......
Or get something like the dp tuner I infinity.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Aeroforce scanguage is a couple hundo, plugs in the obd port. It monitors something like 17 pids on the obs.

superpsd

Reaction score
I prefer android devices with an app with Bluetooth unit. I use Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro. I use the OBDlink LX. I can view all PIDs and Datalog, run Buzz and CCT tests, and pull/clear DTCs for under 65$.

79jasper

Reaction score
Yup. I believe there's a few out there.
Maybe forscan, car gauge pro. I can't remember.
You could always buy a cheap android tablet.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yup. I believe there's a few out there.
Maybe forscan, car gauge pro. I can't remember.
You could always buy a cheap android tablet.

this^^^ can get cheap used android phones or tablets of any size off amazon for less then 50 bucks.. i have a 7in android tablet in my 6.7 using torque pro or forscan and i think there are options for ios too.. just gotta check. i suggest the obd mx or lx like mentioned above..

should have near or less than a hundy into a monitoring setup if you use the option i suggested.

live life full throttle

brockshields38

Reaction score
Ive looked into the obdlink for ios and there's one called mx wifi that will work. Gonna cost about $120. The other one im looking at is scangauge2. I would like to. E able to run boost and egt number but doesn't look as though either of those 2 offer that

brockshields38

Reaction score
Yea so at that point I will need to spend more money on a different monitoring system. Might as well do it right the first time

superpsd

Reaction score
I had a scangauge until It fried as I hooked up the batteries. The scangauge 2 is very limited. It would not pull DTCs on my OBS and you have to enter in a bunch of information to get the PIDs you wanted to see. Also it does not do self tests. I would pass on the scangauge2 they are pretty outdated. As for EGTs you can always just run a stand alone Gauge.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
As for EGTs you can always just run a stand alone Gauge.
yup, this works too. and you can run other gauges to monitor the rest but then again, you're looking at a few hundy more for a good setup. then you dont have to have something hooked up to the obd port all the time either. only time you would need that is if you where trying to diagnose a issue. factory boost only goes up to 22 or 25lbs anyway if i recall.

live life full throttle

rrchlin

Reaction score
are you guys doing a buzz test with torque app? I just got my Torque Pro setup.. would like to do a buzz test.

superpsd

Reaction score
Torque app will not do tests. Buy the Car Gauge Pro App I want to say it's like 8$. Car Gauge Pro will do Buzz, CCT, etc

rrchlin

Reaction score
thanks for that tip superpsd. I thought these were all gimmicky and wouldn't work for older stuff. The Torque Pro App is great though. Without real guages, I quickly found a problem on why my truck was so slow. Was only able to hit 7-9 psi boost. Confirmed my hpop makes good pressure too.

Will pick up this car guage pro in next few days.

Latest posts

Members online