<500kms (300 miles) in sitting Block 4-5yrs

JCart

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Posted this over on PSN too...
Have some PIS injectors that have been in a block sitting for 4-5 years, ran for maybe 500 kms before truck was parked. Thinking about installing in current Tan/White truck along with aftermarket T500 pump that’s with the PIS 175/80s. Aside from new injector o ring kit anything to fret about?
Currently running supporting mods, e fuel, intake, exhaust ZF 5, no IC installed it’s on the shelf waiting.
Lastly, suggestions on tunes....
Thanx,
j

JCart

Reaction score
O-ring kits finally arrived in the mail. Now gonna sort some tunes to run on the Hydra to drive injectors and also as noted above install T500. Updating the mounting holes in front cover with steal threaded inserts for the T500 too. Not gonna send injectors out unless they looked fawked up, will install get some oil and fuel through them and see what happens.

Just got to juggle so time, work, hunting as I can’t have truck down.
Thanks for suggestions.

j

JCart

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,
Soooo update. Installed following Swamps online install directions. Oil In HPOP, e fuel shows 62psi, Optima yellow tops charged right up. AE initially said 2600 psi, 14-16% duty cycle. Nuthin no smoke out exhaust nuthin. DTC P1293 & P1294 open high side circuit right and left bank. Check harness visually, seems fine. Ran resistance ohms on all pins through VC to injector plugs 0.2 ohms. Ran ohms on injectors installed 2.9 ohms. Changed out IDM from 120v to a used 120 volt.... nuthin.

So my question is running A/E seems a little weird as it appears unstable, sometimes connects some times not. Not unhooked Hydra, yet as I thought I’d ask first and second, should have Hydra on stock, meaning 00 setting to run diagnostics yes? And while I’m at it, I did install new files from Brian (jellibuilt) specific to 175/80s.

A/E now says (When I buzz test worked only once, heard all injectors too) undetermined fault. No other DTC #s and seems to not connect to PCM.... weird.

Kinda bummin.... now I realize these have sat in a block for 4-5 years so very likely could be problems internally, externally when pulled they looked fine fuel and oil was present not dried or keerappy looking at all, O rings looked great, I did replace them with new prior to install.

Moving forward gonna send them out for testing and in the interim have ordered FFD 205/30% injectors.

Comments and suggestions welcome TIA.
j

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Installed FFD 205/30s nuthin... changed back to know IDM 120 volt... nuthin, changed back to know IPR, nadda. Valve covers off checked for oil out injectors nuthin. Just for the fun of it thought I’d check the HPOP output with hose and 5000 psi gauge, hooked it up to passenger head.... nuthin. Swapped out HPOP to stock one off this truck, plus same IPR, cranked a bit after topping up HPOP Reservoir....Bam 3000 psi, plugged in jectors, fires right up and runs smooth, idles just over 500 psi rail oil pressure. Was late so packed it in for the night. Surprised at how smooth it idles even with air in system... phphfew... will clear and see if it throws any codes in the morning and button it up. Pretty excited on a number of fronts. Will send out T500 and 175/80s for testing.
Thanks for support guys.
j

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Logged a few kms this afternoon, man holyyyy kinda forgot messin with jector swap and the no start cause a fair amount of fuel and oil to migrate into exhaust.... can you say frickin huge... huge clouds of smoke, blocked out 2 full lands on 4 lane highway burning it off. &#55358;&#56611;&#55357;&#56834;&#55358;&#56621;&#55357;&#56876;. I was even duckin down.... hahahaaa. Cleaned up good though. Now for more appropriate files, most current I have are for the 175/80s so should be able to release a little more.... idles so nice, runs really smooth.

What are you guys using to replace the tinfoil flex heat shield covering passenger side over heater box area? Mines looking kinda tires and ratty... next up gauges and IC.
Cheers,
j

Latest posts

Members online