CK4 Warranty Letter (Oil Spec)

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Anyone have one of the letters Ford sent out about CK4 oils voiding warranty?

I'd like to see one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
cdb98ddae5de555a42c58c844d7a6b16.jpg

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Shell has spent a bazillion dollars marketing CK4. They are who's labels I'd watch the closest right now.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Must be nice for them to have all that money to blow lol

There's a reason LE has kept their PC 11 specs under wraps. Shell thought the GTL would make them the Jesus of engine oils... it will eventually shake out, but I just wanted guys to watch labels.

Reaction score
There's a reason LE has kept their PC 11 specs under wraps. Shell thought the GTL would make them the Jesus of engine oils... it will eventually shake out, but I just wanted guys to watch labels.

I'm glad Ford is standing up to it. There's at least one engine manufacture that has jumped on the CK4 bandwagon and said you can actually increase your change intervals.

JRLott

Reaction score
I'm guessing...hoping...this means LE8854 will be around with the CJ4 designation for quite some time.

I need to pick your brain about oil recommendation for two 2012 F150s with 60k and 90k on them. I'm sure they have two zillion hours on them idling. No clue what oil is in them now, but its fresh. Also want to see about trans fluid for them and my 6.7.

I'll send you a text on this, and we can talk when you have time. Sorry for the derail.

Reaction score
Jim, eventually will there be no CJ-4 available ? I had a feeling this spelled disaster at the beginning...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Jim, eventually will there be no CJ-4 available ? I had a feeling this spelled disaster at the beginning...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CK 4 was supposed to be retro to cover CJ4. But it will take some time for this to get sorted.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'm guessing...hoping...this means LE8854 will be around with the CJ4 designation for quite some time.

I need to pick your brain about oil recommendation for two 2012 F150s with 60k and 90k on them. I'm sure they have two zillion hours on them idling. No clue what oil is in them now, but its fresh. Also want to see about trans fluid for them and my 6.7.

I'll send you a text on this, and we can talk when you have time. Sorry for the derail.

Yeah, text me and I'll help for sure.

I follow this very closely. I will never recommend an oil that will harm your engine. LE is super intentional with everything they do. So unless something changes 8854, 8800, 8130, and 8820 are far and above the CJ4 spec.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'm glad Ford is standing up to it. There's at least one engine manufacture that has jumped on the CK4 bandwagon and said you can actually increase your change intervals.

That's what the whole idea was supposed to generate. I can tell you that the shear stable base stocks work. We've had them for years, so that's nothing new to us. It's what gets into the pool that's going to be the challenge. That's why I'm so big on analysis. That and it proves the worth of LE. Extending drains will come down to contamination. Liquid gold from the moon with unicorn piss will fail with enough fuel in it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so they are trying to say this new oil spec is supposed to be better then the cj-4 when in fact it is not? and the company's that have cj-4 on the label will eventually run out of it and go to the ck-4?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jimdawg185

Reaction score
so they are trying to say this new oil spec is supposed to be better then the cj-4 when in fact it is not? and the company's that have cj-4 on the label will eventually run out of it and go to the ck-4?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Better is relative. Better for emissions, but clearly there's an issue with hydrodynamic film strength.

CJ4 will be around a while, so don't get your panties in a bunch just yet. Just watch the label.