F550 Axle Swap

motor_head

Reaction score
I have a 2004 F350 cab and chassis truck with a 1 ton dump body on it. I purchased a 1999 F550 cab and chassis parts truck. I would like to put the F550 axles and maybe the leaf springs in my F350. Will everything be a direct swap since they are both cab and chassis trucks? I’d swap out the entire frame but my F350 has the optional L-Pack (tool boxes behind the cab), making the wheel base longer. Stopping the F350 with the larger brakes would make things a lot nicer as well as having the heavier duty rear.

EPA

Reaction score
I have a 2004 F350 cab and chassis truck with a 1 ton dump body on it. I purchased a 1999 F550 cab and chassis parts truck. I would like to put the F550 axles and maybe the leaf springs in my F350. Will everything be a direct swap since they are both cab and chassis trucks? I’d swap out the entire frame but my F350 has the optional L-Pack (tool boxes behind the cab), making the wheel base longer. Stopping the F350 with the larger brakes would make things a lot nicer as well as having the heavier duty rear.

I remember using f450 or f550 leaf on a f350 dually... Direct bolt in... Gained about 3 inches in height though and the ride was stiff unless I had 1000lbs in the bed haha... Full pallet of concrete bags looked like it weighed nothing on the rig... Would probably work great with the weight you have.... Now I'm almost certain they were f550 I know at least 450... This was 10 years ago. I dont know anything about the front, only that the f550 has a solid beam and not twin I beams, dont know how it would swap over... You wouldnt happen to live in California??? If so did you buy that f550 near Gilroy?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online