What have you done to your powerstroke today?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
had this put in the 6.7..
5c753ce8238422efc7cec331acdc01e3.jpg

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

cbf9703

Reaction score
what ya looking for tire wise?

live life full throttle

Been toying with the idea of going Cooper Discoverer A/T3 because my commute until the end of the school year is 80 + miles a day and I've been doing a lot of traveling for family issues, but I don't want straight highway tread because it does see time hooked to a trailer in the field.

I've been running Cooper Discoverer stts. They replaced them with the stt pro and I think it's more aggressive than I want this go round.

325 / 65 R 18. I want to stay around 35 and 12.5 wide.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Been toying with the idea of going Cooper Discoverer A/T3 because my commute until the end of the school year is 80 + miles a day and I've been doing a lot of traveling for family issues, but I don't want straight highway tread because it does see time hooked to a trailer in the field.

I've been running Cooper Discoverer stts. They replaced them with the stt pro and I think it's more aggressive than I want this go round.

if you're looking at coopers, check out mastercraft also! both tires are made in the same plant and mastercraft are cheaper.. close to the same tread except for the pro.. mastercraft doesn't have one that aggressive. the mxt is what i run. 35 12.5 18s for less then a grand.. prolly go with thier cxt next go round.. these are the cxt's on my brothers wifes yukon.
ae8d7b4d1b2ca37de960c503bd6c601c.jpg

live life full throttle

cbf9703

Reaction score
if you're looking at coopers, check out mastercraft also! both tires are made in the same plant and mastercraft are cheaper.. close to the same tread except for the pro.. mastercraft doesn't have one that aggressive. the mxt is what i run. 35 12.5 18s for less then a grand.. prolly go with thier cxt next go round.. these are the cxt's on my brothers wifes yukon.

live life full throttle

I've run BFGs, the old ATZs and Coopers on this truck. I liked this set of Coopers with the exception of how many rocks they threw off my driveway... The self cleaning was no joke. Lol

I'll look into those, appreciate it.

dsberman94

Reaction score

Those coopers are wearing stupid fast on my bosses dodge. He got them back around June and he will be lucky to make it through the winter with them. Not what he was after and I'd hate for you to blow through them on something probably twice the weight and more expensive because of tire size.

live life full throttle

The master craft AXTs are a good performing tire. I just put a set on my GFs jeep, although a much lighter vehicle they aren't wearing much at all and it actually doesn't have enough power to slide them around in the snow anymore from what she says. I'm loving my at2s for grip on the truck. Wearing pretty good and now that I've got the 4wd working they're unstoppable with the front end weight. And they were the same price as the AXT in a 305/70r16.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've run BFGs, the old ATZs and Coopers on this truck. I liked this set of Coopers with the exception of how many rocks they threw off my driveway... The self cleaning was no joke. Lol

I'll look into those, appreciate it.

right on..

no problem sir

live life full throttle

6speedsd

Reaction score
I'm close to 10k on my AT3's and they still look new. No uneven wear, no vibrations, still relatively quiet, they do squirm a little side to side with a load behind me though. My brother ran them on his 150 and got 40k out of them. Unless something changes I'll order another set most likely next go round.

Not sure how accurate of a comparison I can give running them on a drw...I'm sure a wider tire like you guys run will act a lot different than my skinnies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'm close to 10k on my AT3's and they still look new. No uneven wear, no vibrations, still relatively quiet, they do squirm a little side to side with a load behind me though. My brother ran them on his 150 and got 40k out of them. Unless something changes I'll order another set most likely next go round.

Not sure how accurate of a comparison I can give running them on a drw...I'm sure a wider tire like you guys run will act a lot different than my skinnies.

I got 55k+ out of multiple sets of Hercules Terra Trac AT2s, which are the same thing as the AT3s/Mastercraft AXT. This was on a 99 7.3 2wd, then most recently my 13 6.7. Currently have the AXTs again. They wear great as long as you keep up on rotations.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Those coopers are wearing stupid fast on my bosses dodge. He got them back around June and he will be lucky to make it through the winter with them. Not what he was after and I'd hate for you to blow through them on something probably twice the weight and more expensive because of tire size.

The master craft AXTs are a good performing tire. I just put a set on my GFs jeep, although a much lighter vehicle they aren't wearing much at all and it actually doesn't have enough power to slide them around in the snow anymore from what she says. I'm loving my at2s for grip on the truck. Wearing pretty good and now that I've got the 4wd working they're unstoppable with the front end weight. And they were the same price as the AXT in a 305/70r16.
The Cooper discoverer A/T3s? Does he rotate them? They have a 55k mileage warranty...

Good to know. Thanks!

imelmo

Reaction score
Finished my compression test. I think I may have finally gotten lucky for once with the truck, lol. Gonna go ahead and change out my steering box, remove the lift, and a couple other things while I have the cab up.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Finished my compression test. I think I may have finally gotten lucky for once with the truck, lol. Gonna go ahead and change out my steering box, remove the lift, and a couple other things while I have the cab up.

why are you removing the lift? lower drag coefficient for go faster goodies to take effect?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online