DieselSite HPODS test results.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Thing of a garden hose. At 50pis a 5/8" hose flows x amount of water. A 3/4" hose flows x*2 amount of water. (Not exact math but the volume allows more flow and less restriction.

Yes, but are the wavy rails in fact larger diameter, or do they just hold more volume because of the added length? If they are the same diameter, then the wavy rails shouldn't flow more, and should actually flow slightly less because the bends would slow the velocity of the flow. Perhaps my logic is flawed, but it makes sense to me.

Reaction score
Fluid pressure is equal and undiminished throughout a system unless there is a restriction. You take the restriction away ie: larger volume rails, then it will hold better pressure across the rail.

Fluid flow is different that air flow characteristics. You don't have to worry about volume and velocity as much as air. All those are mitigated by high pressure and incompressibility of oil.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fluid pressure is equal and undiminished throughout a system unless there is a restriction. You take the restriction away ie: larger volume rails, then it will hold better pressure across the rail.

Fluid flow is different that air flow characteristics. You don't have to worry about volume and velocity as much as air. All those are mitigated by high pressure and incompressibility of oil.

you can use as large of a rail(cc) as you want. if the delivery to those rails are not addressed to remove the restrictions? then those large rails are useless.

the rails themselves,will not help,or hurt pressures, if you cant keep them full.

the bigger rails only increase recovery time,if anyone was even to care.

Reaction score
you can use as large of a rail(cc) as you want. if the delivery to those rails are not addressed to remove the restrictions? then those large rails are useless.

the rails themselves,will not help,or hurt pressures, if you cant keep them full.

the bigger rails only increase recovery time,if anyone was even to care.

I agree that by changing the rails the next restriction is the pump. My comment was directed toward the quote below

Yes, but are the wavy rails in fact larger diameter, or do they just hold more volume because of the added length? If they are the same diameter, then the wavy rails shouldn't flow more, and should actually flow slightly less because the bends would slow the velocity of the flow. Perhaps my logic is flawed, but it makes sense to me.

You don't slow velocity of a fluid by changing directions unless there is restriction. If the volume does not constrict in a bend then the flow rate will be the same.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Shouldn't Shawn be in here telling me it doesn't work? LOL

Nice numbers Guys. Congrats Bob for finally getting the numbers you needed. I never had a doubt feeling the difference it made.

Great company and Great people.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Does the Diesel site HPODS have check valves in it like the factory delivery system to keep pressure in the oil rails or not? If not, what keeps oil pressure in the rails for start up?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
They use hydraulic flow control valves, but are also check valves.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
When someone with bob's crap make more power than me I'll give in Tim. There does that make you feel better. I was trying to me more grown up but since you insist. I guess its time

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dont clutter up this thread, stop bantering like little sissy girls. The proof is there that this system is far superior to the stock delivery system. Sure the stock stuff works, but this makes it work that much better, and the proof is there, end of story.

Nic

Reaction score
Dont clutter up this thread, stop bantering like little sissy girls. The proof is there that this system is far superior to the stock delivery system. Sure the stock stuff works, but this makes it work that much better, and the proof is there, end of story.

Win. Carry on like gentlemen please.

Nic

Reaction score
So im guessing its just now getting out. If mine was 05-07, i would definitely try it. Contemplating converting to 05-07 HPO system anyway

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was just reading the original post with all the results, and I am a little uncertain where exactly the ICP readings were taken. Bill, you said that the ICP sensors were installed in the same locations as the test with the stock delivery system. I assume there was one in the HPOP manifold, was the second sensor at the oil rail port where the ICP is from the factory? Could you explain this further, please.