2015 injector questions

boggerr

Reaction score
Have a 15 with 185K on it and just started throwing a P1551 cylinder 1 injector circuit range/ performance code. Did some looking and what I found on it was the injector is probably going out. I’m going to check out the harness this weekend but my luck it’s most likely going to be an injector, so I’m going to replace all injectors.
Now!

Remain or new injectors and best place to get them from.... besides Ford

When either installing new or remans do they have to be programmed to the truck?

Is it only IDS that can be used if they have to be programmed or can you do it with forscan or any other device?

sootie

Reaction score
Yes, you need to program the injector codes found on the ccv box lid.

Alliant power injectors are good.

IDS is best but Forscan has the capability.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Yes, you need to program the injector codes found on the ccv box lid.

Are those the codes for the currently installed injectors?? I was told the new injectors will have their own code that needs to be programmed. Can you give more details??

Reaction score
We can flow-test balance and rebuild ANY CR injectors here at our facility let me know if or when you get them out and ship them to me and I will get the diagnosed on the bench and go from there. Lmk if we can help

boggerr

Reaction score
We can flow-test balance and rebuild ANY CR injectors here at our facility let me know if or when you get them out and ship them to me and I will get the diagnosed on the bench and go from there. Lmk if we can help

Thanks and wish I could do that but unfortunately I can’t tie the truck up for that long. If something changes, I’ll be in touch

BigRed97

Reaction score
Are those the codes for the currently installed injectors?? I was told the new injectors will have their own code that needs to be programmed. Can you give more details??

Yes the codes on the ccv are for the installed injectors. The new ones will have new codes with them. The pcm need the new codes programmed to the corresponding cylinder number

Latest posts

Members online