i wanna make some HP

05wh250

Reaction score
Mine makes around 630 to the wheels, all mods in sig.

As for the stock fuel lines I removed the stock lines and pump just so stuff wouldn't be so cluttered.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Depending on how deep you want to go into this project. You can throw a air dog on there and not have to worry about removing the stock fuel bowl and lines. Or you can go the route I did which is xdp sump aeromotive a 1000 pump remove the stock fuel bowl and i made all my fuel lines.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I wouldn't even mind upgrading HPOP but I want power where I won't have to build like the bottom end I don't mind top end because I may be getting new heads anyways. And where is a good place to get those? Also I want to get away from the rocker arms with the plastic clips. Anyone know where I can find good after market ones?

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Yes I am talking about the fuel bowl on top. Yes I made all my fuel lines for me truck and I have an aeromotive regulater as well. The onlyrics factory line I use is the return line on the frame. And my set up is different from most people on here

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What are the goals of your truck? How much do you tow? Do you live at higher elevation? How much do you like smoke and high egts? All very important questions.

If you don't have gears already then that should be your very first investment IMO... 6.0 trucks love the higher RPMs and 37" tires will rob a lot of power and rpms on stock gears.

37" tires is going to make it much harder to break into the 600hp... On stock tires you could do it easy with 190s and a stage 3 vgt turbo or s366 non vgt... but with that large of tires you are gonna lose some power, egts will be higher, truck will fall under the turbo easier, run smokier, etc...

There was an event over the weekend where a bunch of 6.0 trucks made descent power. There were like 5 or 6 guys in the 600-670hp range with 190-225cc injectors larger vgt turbos (KC, Barder, MTW).

We had a guy make 670hp and 1154tq with 190/75s and a KC68 on fuel only running an IDP street tune.

Tuning, injectors, and turbos have come a long way for the 6.0 in the past few years

I know you said no vgt turbo but I was just throwing out some info

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I don't tow much with my truck at all. I live in Maryland so I'm most likely at standard elevation not in mountains or anything. But my goal is just race type power. I haven't been to the track but I wouldn't mind going if I had something special to bring. What gearing would I need to do to make good power with 37's how could I make low 12s or high 11s with my truck. Let's say price isn't an option I just want lots of horsepower with out altering the bottom end. Give me a good solid parts list

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
If this was my truck. My parts list would be.
warren 225/100s injectors
Barder or kc 468 non vgt or a small frame 371 turbo
Aftermarket transmission
Since the truck is lifted with 37s traction bars for sure
fuel lab or aeromotive fuel system delete bowl style
Warren dual hpop different
Aftermarket intercooler
aftermarket intercooler pipes
aftermarket up pipes
Gutted out manifold intake
That should put your truck over the 600 horsepower range. Now for 1/4 mile time it's a lot harder getting a truck in the low 12s. High 11s with 37s. You will have to run the truck and see if your happy with it.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I don't tow much with my truck at all. I live in Maryland so I'm most likely at standard elevation not in mountains or anything. But my goal is just race type power. I haven't been to the track but I wouldn't mind going if I had something special to bring. What gearing would I need to do to make good power with 37's how could I make low 12s or high 11s with my truck. Let's say price isn't an option I just want lots of horsepower with out altering the bottom end. Give me a good solid parts list

So you want big reliable horsepower, but don't want to touch the bottom end?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
What are the goals of your truck? How much do you tow? Do you live at higher elevation? How much do you like smoke and high egts? All very important questions.

If you don't have gears already then that should be your very first investment IMO... 6.0 trucks love the higher RPMs and 37" tires will rob a lot of power and rpms on stock gears.

37" tires is going to make it much harder to break into the 600hp... On stock tires you could do it easy with 190s and a stage 3 vgt turbo or s366 non vgt... but with that large of tires you are gonna lose some power, egts will be higher, truck will fall under the turbo easier, run smokier, etc...

There was an event over the weekend where a bunch of 6.0 trucks made descent power. There were like 5 or 6 guys in the 600-670hp range with 190-225cc injectors larger vgt turbos (KC, Barder, MTW).

We had a guy make 670hp and 1154tq with 190/75s and a KC68 on fuel only running an IDP street tune.

Tuning, injectors, and turbos have come a long way for the 6.0 in the past few years

I know you said no vgt turbo but I was just throwing out some info

:cool:

swinky

Reaction score
A 371 isn't going to get a truck on 37s in the 11s. Put a fresh pump in it with a 468 and 255 hybrids..... Then spray the nuts off of it. It'll run low 11s.

Once.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
So a stage 3vgt turbo with say 225cc injectors would make good power? Would I still need to break it down and clean it out like the stock ones? What's better? Vgt or non Vgt? Anyone run the thumper HPOP? Any good?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
With 225s you will need more oil. I have heard lots of good things about the thumper pump.

With smaller tires (less than 33") then a stage 3 68mm vgt turbo, 225/75s, and a thumper pump should get you around 600-700hp.

If you have an egr delete and ccv delete and good tuning then people don't usually have problems with the vanes sticking on new turbos. Really cold climate can affect things too.

VGT vs Non-vgt is a debate of the ages... different strokes for different folks. If you want to make BIG POWER like over 750hp fuel only then a non-vgt is really your only option right now. But for the 600-700hp range you could go either way. Some will say that non-vgt is cheaper... but once you get a box turbo balanced up and built right and then add the up pipes, drain, feed, etc... then they are pretty close to the same price.

VGT - Turbos are more expensive, drop in with no mods, spool up faster, but are limited in size and HP capability

Non vgt - Turbos are cheaper, require mods to install, TONS of options and can be as big as you want.

swinky

Reaction score
Do you want to be a dyno queen or drag race?

But seriously I'm diehard non-vgt but a kc or barder 68 with some 205/75s is a Damn strong setup.

Latest posts

Members online