What have you done to your powerstroke today?

greyford1979

Reaction score
As much as I would love to have newer style seats, I didn't feel like shelling out the money for them. Also didn't want to spend what it would've cost for the new oem style leather covers. Ended up going with real neoprene made to fit seat covers. I know the tan in the middle doesn't match, but still looks better than the ugly ass old seats lol. Install was easy and they fit real snug. Only thing I didn't like is how they did the rear seat arm rest opening. But I don't have to sit back there, so it'll be fine lol.
48303233681_b1dfd47b01_c.jpg
IMG_20190716_195625379 by greyford79, on Flickr
48303349117_b6aecfa96c_c.jpg
IMG_20190716_195901979 by greyford79, on Flickr

EPA

Reaction score
How much were those and where at??
They appear to fit well. I have been looking at buying new leathers for mine but at the moment I'm too cheap and dont have time to pull the seats.

greyford1979

Reaction score
How much were those and where at??
They appear to fit well. I have been looking at buying new leathers for mine but at the moment I'm too cheap and dont have time to pull the seats.

These ones are the coverkings, found them cheapest on CARid. $436.24 shipped. Not cheap, but they were cheaper than wet okole ones. They look well made so hope they hold up well. Still way cheaper though than new seats. There are also Neosupreme seat covers if you want the neoprene look for less but won't be quite as durable as the genuine neoprene covers. The real neoprene adds a little cushion as well since it's much thicker. They took a couple weeks to receive since they are made to order.

dsberman94

Reaction score
New driver side valve cover gasket and harness. Back to normal again. If you’ve got a 7.3 the problem usually comes down to a wiring harness and ford is very proud of their harnesses. $$$ So stupid.

imelmo

Reaction score
As much as I would love to have newer style seats, I didn't feel like shelling out the money for them. Also didn't want to spend what it would've cost for the new oem style leather covers. Ended up going with real neoprene made to fit seat covers. I know the tan in the middle doesn't match, but still looks better than the ugly ass old seats lol. Install was easy and they fit real snug. Only thing I didn't like is how they did the rear seat arm rest opening. But I don't have to sit back there, so it'll be fine lol.
48303233681_b1dfd47b01_c.jpg
IMG_20190716_195625379 by greyford79, on Flickr
48303349117_b6aecfa96c_c.jpg
IMG_20190716_195901979 by greyford79, on Flickr

Those came out nice.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Removed the Walbro fuel pump that was intermittently not kicking on. It’s happened 2 or 3 times over the past few weeks. Pulled the fuel pressure gauge in cab since the last time it happened getting ready for the cs2. Yesterday my wife was driving it and had just picked me up from work. On our way to get her car from the alignment shop, in busy rush hour 5pm traffic, I hear an audible change in the sound of the engine. She says at the same time, this thing just lost all power. About the time she starts working her way to the shoulder it dies. So on the side of the road in busy traffic I crawl under it and have her turn the key on, pump is dead. Tap on it with a screwdriver and it kicks on again. Told her not to shut if off until she was home!

So last night I swapped it out for an oem bosch unit that I know is good. Going to eventually redo the fuel system anyway with dual stock pumps so it all works out. Just glad I was able to get her home.

I know people have great luck with the walbro pumps, but I am not one of them! I ran them on an older 7.3 I had and went through several. I’ve had this truck for almost 2 months and already lost one on it! Lol

rusty1161

Reaction score
Removed the Walbro fuel pump that was intermittently not kicking on. It’s happened 2 or 3 times over the past few weeks. Pulled the fuel pressure gauge in cab since the last time it happened getting ready for the cs2. Yesterday my wife was driving it and had just picked me up from work. On our way to get her car from the alignment shop, in busy rush hour 5pm traffic, I hear an audible change in the sound of the engine. She says at the same time, this thing just lost all power. About the time she starts working her way to the shoulder it dies. So on the side of the road in busy traffic I crawl under it and have her turn the key on, pump is dead. Tap on it with a screwdriver and it kicks on again. Told her not to shut if off until she was home!

So last night I swapped it out for an oem bosch unit that I know is good. Going to eventually redo the fuel system anyway with dual stock pumps so it all works out. Just glad I was able to get her home.

I know people have great luck with the walbro pumps, but I am not one of them! I ran them on an older 7.3 I had and went through several. I’ve had this truck for almost 2 months and already lost one on it! Lol

Same experience here, only Bosch for me from here on out.

Rusty

sootie

Reaction score

Why not just use a 6.7 pump

sootie

Reaction score
Because that would require me buying one.

I already have 2 oem Bosch pumps in storage from the last time I had a 7.3. Cost me nothing other than my time to swap them out last night.

Lmk if you want a used one...100 shipped.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
09bea6576782f4609f72a750f133af32.jpg

Added another one to the fleet Tuesday.

Think I’m gonna put the motor in my hd but it’s so clean I might just roll it and build a motor for the Harley.
Even has a sunroof

Edit: by clean I mean it’s got very little rust and it’s mostly surface rust. It needs body work, a mirror, a paintjob and some odds and ends.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Finally got a trailer brake controller while gander outdoors is going out of business. 40% off makes for a better deal than amazon and eBay.
f2e1e5cf483f6558e68b12257cda8b58.jpg

And put some brighter headlight bulbs in. Hopefully it makes these 07 lights a little better.

Countryboy07

Reaction score
Bought it back. Sold it 8 years ago when my wife and I got married to pay off debt and get a down payment on our house. Needs some work, but crazy how life works! Wife actually surprised me with it last night.

IMG_0785.JPGIMG_0786.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online