6.0 heads Aluminum heads?

Zeb

Reaction score
I put a set from Kill Devil Diesel on a truck August 18-2018. . Fit and finish were awesome, valve recession was very consistent, oring wire protrusion was toward the high side (IMO) but very consistent also.
Only complaint I had was there was a bur on the one side of the opening into the fuel galley on every single injector hole. I reached in with a be-burring tool and took it right out.
I’ll be putting a set of injectors in that truck Monday and could tell you how many miles he has put on it.
I know it has been to Colorado, Montana, and daily drives it, so several.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I put a set from Kill Devil Diesel on a truck August 18-2018. . Fit and finish were awesome, valve recession was very consistent, oring wire protrusion was toward the high side (IMO) but very consistent also.
Only complaint I had was there was a bur on the one side of the opening into the fuel galley on every single injector hole. I reached in with a be-burring tool and took it right out.
I’ll be putting a set of injectors in that truck Monday and could tell you how many miles he has put on it.
I know it has been to Colorado, Montana, and daily drives it, so several.

That would be fantastic info. What turbo, injector, etc.. combo he has. Also, if he monitors it, I’d be interested to know his mpgs.

Zeb

Reaction score
That would be fantastic info. What turbo, injector, etc.. combo he has. Also, if he monitors it, I’d be interested to know his mpgs.

The truck is an 05. Colt Stage 1 cam, stock 03 turbo, DPC triple disc converter, and going with 175/30’s and WDI tuning.
I’ll ask about fuel mileage, but I don’t think it’s the greatest. Leveling kit, 20x12’s, and 33-35” tires.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Anyone else have feedback on these heads?
Not really caring about the mileage part...more of the "Was it worth the money" for power increase?

Black AOD

Reaction score
KC turbos has the KDD heads on their 1200whp 6.0 race truck

They have no issues that I am aware of, maybe they will chime in here

Extended Power

Reaction score
Anyone running the $1500 porting job?
What are the port volume numbers without the porting? (They say "Close" to 200 with porting.)

Zeb

Reaction score
Anyone running the $1500 porting job?
What are the port volume numbers without the porting? (They say "Close" to 200 with porting.)

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but these are the numbers stuck in my head:
Stock heads, 140cfm
Aluminum heads as cast, 160cfm
Aluminum heads ported, 190cfm

The port work will gain you very little power increase unless you are turning more rpm on a high hp setup.
Porting these heads on these motors is probably one of the poorer bang for the buck upgrades you can do.
I’d run them as cast, and spend the $1,500 on fuel and turbo upgrades.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Have you guys checked out Kill Devil Diesel lately?
Their aluminum 6.0L heads are on sale now with CNC Gen2 porting, and your choice if springs for like $3800.
Saving about $2000!

Latest posts

Members online