Cam sensor

Goose

Reaction score
Leaking oil from seems to be the cam sensor. Trucks running bad sometimes, sometimes runs fine. It has died/stalled on me twice in the last two weeks. Pulled codes this morning: P0284, P0341, P2269, P2617 and U0306.

Truck is a 2005 with 310,xxx miles. :thumbup:

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
If you've never replaced it, I would go ahead and put a new one in. I would have to look at those codes but a cam sensor going out will cause those symptoms...eventually a no start.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
As cheap as that sensor is and as much as a pain in the butt it is to get to it is a no brainer to replace it with a factory OEM unit from Ford.

Goose

Reaction score
I think that fixed my oil leak but didnt solve my running problem. Still runs like crap. I think it is a fuel issue.

Goose

Reaction score
Old sensor

IMG_6503_zps1f194fac.jpg

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
According to the codes cyl 8 is throwing a contribution code. Might unplug it and see if it runs better just with a miss...have seen some injectors backfeed and cause more problems then actually exist.

Goose

Reaction score
It didn't throw any codes after installing the cmp. Has a definite fuel leak though. Had a small puddle just idling for a minute.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Just buy the blue spring kit from your dealer and it will come with a new gasket.

Goose

Reaction score
Well, that fixed my fuel leak...... Still no power. May be an oil pressure issue. ICP DC stays pegged.

On a positive not, I ordered the fuel valve kit from Sunrise Ford on Saturday morning and it was in the mail box at noon today. Awesome folks over that way.

Goose

Reaction score
Truck starts and idles fine, no issues. There are zero dtc codes. Truck has no power when accelerating. ICP duty cycle stays pegged at 94%. This is on a Scangauge that I think, has read icp/ipr% fairly accurately.

Goose

Reaction score
Now that hunting season is over its time to start on the truck. I've got it torn down to the turbo. Going to pull it when it warms up. I guess I will go ahead and install the EGR delete thats been sitting in the closet for years. :toast:

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
If you've never replaced it, I would go ahead and put a new one in. I would have to look at those codes but a cam sensor going out will cause those symptoms...eventually a no start.

As cheap as that sensor is and as much as a pain in the butt it is to get to it is a no brainer to replace it with a factory OEM unit from Ford.

x2 with these two.

Had the same symptoms as you, G, a few years ago.

Goose

Reaction score
Help me out here. I've got the truck torn down with the intake out. What gaskets/o-rings do I need?

I can think of:

Turbo drain tube
Intake gaskets
o-ring for the oil filter housing
IPR valve

and I thats all I remember right now.

Members online

No members online now.