03 6.0 Ebay studs?????

2003fordguy

Reaction score
I'm new to the 6.0 and my truck has 217k miles on it. It's only got an egr ****** and exhaust. I was curious about the headstuds on ebay vs Arp studs. Has anyone used them? I'm also debating on doing the studs one at a time I have read where a lot of people have had good luck with it.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
With all due respect if your debating prices on eBay studs vs arp studs then you are in for a rude awaking with a 6.0, your best bet is to save up if you have to and get all the updates done at once w studs cooler blue spring etc etc

co04cobra

Reaction score
With all due respect if your debating prices on eBay studs vs arp studs then you are in for a rude awaking with a 6.0, your best bet is to save up if you have to and get all the updates done at once w studs cooler blue spring etc etc

This is SPOT ON advice. As he said, don't want to sound like a dik, but half price now, will cost you DOUBLE later.

Reaction score
I have a dent in my shop wall thanks to those piece of **** studs. Customer brought in what he claimed were ARPs. Box didn’t look right but I figured whatever. Have the motor on a stand torquing them down. One breaks and shoots across the Shop.

Reaction score
Powerstroke help has a new video where one broke off in the block after everything was put back together and doing the final torque sequence.

2003fordguy

Reaction score
Holy ****!! Yup screw that it's worth the few hundred bucks for a piece of mind. I was honestly just curious if anyone has used them.

Towerguy

Reaction score
When I had mine studded back in 2008, the dealership offered to do it under warranty as long as I supplied the studs. Truck was already under the knife for head gaskets. While shopping around, all the diesel supply houses wanted like $600-700 for ARP's it seemed. Found them on Ebay for less than $400 from a bunch of vendors but the price difference spooked me, I was afraid that they might be counterfeit. Cheap hardware in an ARP knockoff box. So I called ARP to get their feedback, curious if they were aware of their product being counterfeited, they told me no, not that they were aware of but they steered me toward one of their vendors. A small outfit, I almost had the feeling he was working out of his garage but ARP put me in contact so I knew the product was legit. He sold me mine for very little more than the ones on Ebay. Might be worth going to ARP again, they might point you toward someone hungry for business like they did me.

2003fordguy

Reaction score
The ones on ebay are way cheap like 150 to 250 bucks. They seem to be way to cheap to be any kind of quality.

Latest posts

Members online