I'm new and looking for advice and willing to share

ABCrete

Reaction score
I run a 2000 F-350 dually, 7.3 power stroke, manual trans, 411 gearing. Pretty much stock and losing money on local mechanics. Not against to going to a mechanic, its just the last one soaked me for about 10k and the last thing they did was GLUE my injector cups in after he replaced them with out taking heads out. Right way wrong way idk, but I do know is I've lost power and I'm going to be putting new heads in. They did fix some things that needed to be done but they shrug when they keep replacing FICM under warrenty. HUH Well i cant handle being with out my truck for 2mo and the truck still not a hundred percent. I do construction, and i know I can be hard on it, but I don't even have 150k on the thing and all they tell me is buy a better truck. Well thats my rant, I hope I can glean some knowledge for ya'all.

hucorey

Reaction score
WOW!!! Where are you located?

Sure sounds like they have no clue what they are doing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
Welcome!

You don’t have a ficm if you have a 7.3. I’d like to have some of that 10k cheddar!

Bring it to someone who will not take advantage of you. Ask around your peoples or drop a specifics location and we might be able to give recommendations.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Last edited:

DieselDC

Reaction score
When someone calls the IDM a ficm - clearly you need to stay clear.

Can you have them do a proper scan and see what codes come up? Or better if you can take the truck back, take it to ford and pay for the scan if you can’t preform it yourself.

—————signature—————

ABCrete

Reaction score
ya thats what im running into. oh well now i got a shop and im ive got too much money stuck into this beast to turn back now, praying it'll role to atleast 200k

DieselDC

Reaction score
FORScan and elm 327 or a BAFX for Android.

—————signature—————

Sbriggs

Reaction score
Been there was too busy to fix my injector cups too it to a supposedly expert on gulf coast of Mississippi. He got it done and I put it back to work after they ran the bill up over 2500. Got full 400 miles and it shuts off dead 1/2 way to Atlanta. $500 tow bill back to the shop and three more months I'm told we can't repeat the failure so can't fix it. I showed up and they actually were using many of my truck parts to troubleshoot other customers vehicles! Towed it to ford after a five minute conversation with thier master tech. He told me flat how much what he thought b4 dish and reassemble under the hood. He did it all in one day cost only 900 plus parts they basically stole. Hasn't missed a lick. I worked for ford back in 05 as diesel tech and was pretty good but nobody besides me and a ford master diesel tech will ever touch my trucks again. I want a master tech and I want to talk to them first myself.

Latest posts

Members online