Triple Turbo Drag Truck Trans Control ??

Reaction score
So I'm building a drag truck running triple turbos. Not quite sure what to expect for sure yet on spool up and where my power curve will be sitting at but I'm curious peoples experience on trans control. Should I go to a stand alone controller for the 4r or should i stay with the factory pcm for shifting? I do all my own tuning just want to see what other people that have built drag purpose trucks thoughts are on stand alone controllers and whether they are worth it?? Triples.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
i would say a PCS is your best bet...Zane has a complete setup for sale in the classifieds.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
PCS 100% You DO NOT have the same control in the OE PCM! My TC is locked at 3mph in 1st gear leaving the line, that by itself made one of the biggest differences in how the truck ran!

Reaction score
PCS 100% You DO NOT have the same control in the OE PCM! My TC is locked at 3mph in 1st gear leaving the line, that by itself made one of the biggest differences in how the truck ran!

Did NOT think of this Dennis good point !

And also to run the gates is a great option along with spray. Damn kids and their gadgets lol

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I have the D200 datalogger with the electronic wastegate control. I can set target boost pressures for first and second stage chargers and the logger PW modulates the gates to try to get me there.

I also use datalogger inputs into the trans controller to run my water injection. When the trans controller sees 93% TPS or more AND a particular boost pressure, it powers up the water injection system. This makes sure that the water system CAN'T run under light throttle or low boost.

There are some very cool possibilities with the PCS stuff, more than just trans control.

Reaction score
I have the D200 datalogger with the electronic wastegate control. I can set target boost pressures for first and second stage chargers and the logger PW modulates the gates to try to get me there.

I also use datalogger inputs into the trans controller to run my water injection. When the trans controller sees 93% TPS or more AND a particular boost pressure, it powers up the water injection system. This makes sure that the water system CAN'T run under light throttle or low boost.

There are some very cool possibilities with the PCS stuff, more than just trans control.

This is great to know!! I will most likely go this route over the winter. Thank you!!

Latest posts

Members online