out of whack pulse width

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have been doing some testing on the truck with a different set of injectors and i started to notice problem with the pulse width being way to high at WOT. I have 5 different race files that i have used before all with different shift points and different pulse width settings. i decided to try one of the other race files to see if it was just the one that i was running was wrong but i started to notice that every race file now had a crazy high pulse width. i switched from 5 different ones and they all are reading 4.3ms of pulse width. so now i am at a loss as to what could be wrong, could the chip have gone bad or maybe the idm is acting up and not firing correctly. any help would be great.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I've been told that low icp/high pressure leak can cause the pcm to compensate by adding more pw. Not sure if it's true but might be something to check out. Maybe the injectors have an issue ?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Have you talked with your tuner?
Maybe they can give more insight as to what’s being requested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I plan on talking with my tuner on Monday and I will start checking for a high pressure leak

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
He has been talking about it for a while. I think we should go ahead and bite the bullet too

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I just stepped up to a 400/400 and plan on staying there. Gonna try and get it dialed in on fuel passes and then I have a progressive controller to throw on it with some nitrous

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.