T4 - SXE Stock Injectors

liquidlounge

Reaction score
Im not saying no but to me the displacement of these motors and a 362sxe isnt a good idea. I dont see why a 364.5 wouldnt work.
I thought someone had posted some info that the 362SXE out flowed the 38R. If that were the case, it would probably be a dandy for a stock injector truck. But since everyone is raving about the 364.5 spooling/driving characteristics, I would also lean bigger, maybe to the 363SXE with the bigger turbine. I assume that it is available?

Swaan

Reaction score
362 would be great with stock injectors.

You can order what ever turbine you like with the 62,63,64.5 .

ja_cain

Reaction score
I thought someone had posted some info that the 362SXE out flowed the 38R. If that were the case, it would probably be a dandy for a stock injector truck. But since everyone is raving about the 364.5 spooling/driving characteristics, I would also lean bigger, maybe to the 363SXE with the bigger turbine. I assume that it is available?

I posted the maps a while back and I'm pretty sure you are right. With a nice gated setup and largest turbine, I would think the 363 could even be fine up to a 250/100. Think about it, there are people running 38r's with 250/200's without rely optimizing the gate. If you had a dual volute gate you could keep the turbo in the sweet spot. The speed sensor would be another no brainer for proper gate adjustment.

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Unless they recently added the smaller ones. I thought only the 364.5-369 were available with 74mm turbines. Last i looked anyways. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Brad

Reaction score
The 363 can be had with the 74mm turbine, but the 362 is only available with the 68mm.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 64

ja_cain

Reaction score

LakeBum

Reaction score
Everything has been ordered. Now the wait...:pint:

CSD Ceramic Coated T4 and SXE 364.5/74/.91

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
I posted the maps a while back and I'm pretty sure you are right. With a nice gated setup and largest turbine, I would think the 363 could even be fine up to a 250/100. Think about it, there are people running 38r's with 250/200's without rely optimizing the gate. If you had a dual volute gate you could keep the turbo in the sweet spot. The speed sensor would be another no brainer for proper gate adjustment.

Im pretty sure people running 38rs on a 200% nozzle could tune a harp lol. If you arent intuitive with whats going on in that setup it'll be the nightmare the internet says it is.

My turbo is not real similar to what someone would pull out of a box when they order a 38r though either. It does have a standard wg adjuster on it again after 5 years though. LOL

That said im about tappedout with what I can do with it. I miiiiight put a 369sxe on and see what happens.

jbolen323

Reaction score
have yet to ever have a issue on my BASB turbo which is supposedly around a s364.5 i think. 160cc/100% a 30% is even easier on egts.

its a sleeper too with the correct tuning, truck pulls heavy weekly at at 340k and in the arizona mountains. Ive only had to worry about one or two hills with 23klb.

A LOT of it is people do not know how to tow also.

LakeBum

Reaction score
sS364.5/74/.91 is installed and rocking. In fact, its jaw dropping awesome.

I would argue it spools as quick if not a hair quicker then the BB turbo it replaced. The turbo cleans up the free PHP 65HP tune with zero haze or smoke.

EGT's...what are those? Seriously I can roll into at 50MPH up a rolling hill making 5-7 pounds and hit 20-25 pounds and EGTs just hit a wall at 1100 degrees. In fact, as it climbs north of 22-23 pounds the EGTs drop to 1000 degrees....on stock injectors running a 65HP tune.

I've yet to lay into it but have no problem making 30 pounds. Turbo whistle is subtle, quite. Tip in at any speed is fast and pretty much instant. Truck should have come this way from the factory.

From what I'm told, it only gets better once I put about 10K behind the truck. Can't wait to see what that is like. More to come.

superpsd

Reaction score
Looks like pretty much everyone who ditched the 38R for a SXE is in awe of how much better a simple turbo swap improves a setup.

LakeBum

Reaction score
Towing Update:

Took the family camping this weekend, towed the 5th wheel (I figured loaded it was 10K+). Pretty much could do what I wanted. Most of the hour trip to the lake was back county roads with 60 MPH speed limits. I locked out OD and gave it hell.

On the flats at 55-60 it ran around 7-10 pounds of boost and 8-900 degrees. Pulling inclines (hate to say hills in Texas) boost would climb to 12.5-15 pounds and I would have to start backing out of it.....:shocked: because the truck kept accelerating up the hills! EGTs stuck right around the 900-1000 degree mark. Didnt matter if I pushed the go peddle to 25 pounds or 20 pounds or left it in Grandpa tow at 12.5-15 pounds. I tow like Grandpa BTW

I think the EGT gauge can go bye bye. From the start, I never felt I had a power issue, I had a 'flow' issue and the BW flat out preforms. I did notice I appeared to use a bit less fuel then normal. Also keep in mind this is with 35's and 40-65 HP tunes (not 'heavy tow tunes').

There was one small section that called for 70MPH and I was able to run 4th no problem.

Lastly, I did make a trip last week to town and jumping on the free way laid in the go peddle and touched 33 pounds of boost before I had to back out of it due a slow car.

Latest posts

Members online