fox or kings coilover leveling?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Hey guys it is time for me to upgrade the suspension on my 15 ccsb 250. I planned to do some leveling coils and compression adjustable shocks. However after looking around for a year, I think I want coilovers up front and in the rear leafs, shocks and bags out back. I want to level it for a smoother everyday ride and look. I have heard I'll lose travel if I go with coilovers on a 2-3" level kit. any input from guys with coilovers as a level set up?

Also why are the fox shocks half the price of comparable kings? King that proud or get what you pay for? I had kings on my excursion with zero issues so I am kind of partial to them, but that fox pricing leaves lots of money left over for beer!!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ive heard that you lose travel as well with coil overs on such a small lift as well. Are the Fox shocks your looking at 2.0's or the 2.5's the Kings I'm sure will be 2.5's and that will make them much more expensive. I would suggest calling the guys at Carli up some time this week. If you want the best ride out there I'm sure these guys can hook you up with that. Then ad some OUO traction bars and you will be set.

Jomax

Reaction score
You'll loose about 2 in of travel. I had coilovers on my truck in a 2.5in lift. There are goods and bads. If you ever need to re seal the shock, your truck is stuck till you reseal it. With a coil and shock. Removing the shock is super simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
OUO adjustable leveler kit and some carli or icon 2.5" springs and you can change from 2.5-5" of lift when ever and pretty easy.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I feel you lose too much travel with them at that height.

In that respect, you are better off with a set of ACL's with factory springs or good progressive springs, and a bada$$ bypass shock.

We open a ton of doors up with our adjustable shock towers, and if you do decide to go to a coilover, we have the best looking option on the market.

Let me know if you have any questions man!

PDT1081

Reaction score
I feel you lose too much travel with them at that height.

In that respect, you are better off with a set of ACL's with factory springs or good progressive springs, and a bada$$ bypass shock.

We open a ton of doors up with our adjustable shock towers, and if you do decide to go to a coilover, we have the best looking option on the market.

Let me know if you have any questions man!

ACL's? Same thing as ALA's?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
What really is the difference between off the shelf Fox 2.5 resis and King 2.5 resis?
I didn't really price Kings when I did mine....I already had Fox 2.0 stabilizers in place and just matched them.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
What really is the difference between off the shelf Fox 2.5 resis and King 2.5 resis?
I didn't really price Kings when I did mine....I already had Fox 2.0 stabilizers in place and just matched them.

Remember no matter who it is or what you do. A shock can be custom valved and that can make a night and day difference

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I get that...just wondering if there's a big difference in build or ride quality when comparing off the shelf parts.

Skiman26

Reaction score
Same theory as acos on jeeps. Who makes the best coil spring for our trucks? FYI the shock tuning guys I know here that tune ultra 4 cars prefer the fox over the king, something about the same travel distance shock being shorter so you get more up travel without have a very high upper mount location

Jomax

Reaction score
never did anything. was told i would lose travel using the coilovers

You loose about 2in. I don't think I'd ever do a coilover at 2.5in without having a bypass shock to aid in the loss of travel.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
just call me .. geez .

If I wasn't poor I would…my used icons will do for now

I just meant that pricing seems similar between the two. I see people saying the Kings are so much more expensive but everywhere I look they're similar 🤷🏾*♂️

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.