Raising the engine - how to?

cbuttre835

Reaction score
I need to raise my engine about 2 1/2 - 3 inches to clear some bolt removal / install on the crossmember in front of the oil pan.

Looking for the easiest way.... no hoist available.

Bugman

Reaction score
Do you have a backhoe?

You really need a hoist/engine puller to raise it. I wouldn't trust anything else, you'll either break or bend anything else.

MeTo

Reaction score
NEVER JACK AGAINST THE OIL PAN!

I did, now my oil pan is weeping on right rear. SOB!

rrchlin

Reaction score

I used to on my old S10 2.8l v6. but this engine is a lot heavier. My oil pan leaks as it is and it was replaced before because it was rusted out. I've seen other trucks on CL for sale with rusted out oil pans.

I'm naturally all for doing it wrong regardless of what others say and figuring what works for myself.. but even I do not suggest jacking up the oil pan.

psduser1

Reaction score

I used to on my old S10 2.8l v6. but this engine is a lot heavier. My oil pan leaks as it is and it was replaced before because it was rusted out. I've seen other trucks on CL for sale with rusted out oil pans.

I'm naturally all for doing it wrong regardless of what others say and figuring what works for myself.. but even I do not suggest jacking up the oil pan.

Lol, rusted out oilpans are a problem, for sure.
I've never had a problem.:shrug:

MeTo

Reaction score
My pan is not rusted; New Mexico truck and low miles. I used a block of wood which was wider than the pan and positioned it on the back of the pan. The pan did fine; the sealant did not.

MeTo

Reaction score
I was just giving a word to the wise. I didn't ask for your self righteous arrogant opinion sooty.

Latest posts

Members online