Having fuel issues need some help

TTBOOST

Reaction score
Okay so I've had the low fuel pressure light on the dash for a little while now going into limp mode every now and then. I finally got to datalog the truck with forscan and my fuel pump is only supplying 13.5 psi when the computer is demanding 80 psi and fuel pump volts sit at .89 while idling and driving around wont go above 1.45 volts. Could some one else log there truck to compare I'm trying to figure out if it's the relay or the fuel pump.

Reaction score
Okay so I've had the low fuel pressure light on the dash for a little while now going into limp mode every now and then. I finally got to datalog the truck with forscan and my fuel pump is only supplying 13.5 psi when the computer is demanding 80 psi and fuel pump volts sit at .89 while idling and driving around wont go above 1.45 volts. Could some one else log there truck to compare I'm trying to figure out if it's the relay or the fuel pump.

Just curious, is yours d-leted or stock?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
You need to stop running your truck and get that sorted out before it eats your HPFP and injectors... Any Deelete friendly dealerships near you?

Not much help, but I'd hate to see you do more damage trying to keep running it!

TTBOOST

Reaction score
Little update just in case someone else has the same issue. I finally got my new fuel pump assembly put in (been on national back order) and all is good. Back up to 59 psi where it should be. On a side note I also had a low pressure fuel pressure sensor start squirting fuel out of the electrical connectors on the sensor and I couldn't believe it so I ******d it and installed a auto meter fuel pressure gauge and solved that issue.

agentnut

Reaction score
That's good to hear! Was it replaced under warranty, did you do it yourself or had to pay? Just curious....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
My stock 17 with less than 2000 miles left my wife stranded the other day with this same bs. She left my daughters school and the truck said 50 miles till empty. She drove straight to the gas station and within a mile the truck said 25 miles till empty and then the low pressure light came on. She went to fill it up and said while she was pumping diesel it had steam coming out of the filler neck. She asked someone at the station if that seemed odd as she had never seen it before. They agreed it wasn’t right but she let it fill anyways. After filling the truck wouldn’t start. She tried numerous times and it wasn’t happening. My son showed up on his lunch break with a service writer from ford and when the service guy hit the button it started right up. He pulled some codes and basically said something is going on with the new fords as they used to run down to the last drop with no issues. Said something about the fuel possibly foaming. So now I’m thinking I want my fuel system replaced because I’m not playing role the dice in a $78,000 truck when I’m on a road trip with my family.

Latest posts

Members online