Lightning strike messed up gauges

Quinton

Reaction score
So lightning struck close to the truck while driving and now only gauge that works correctly is speedometer rpm gauge doesn't move, fuel is stuck at half, and others too. No cruise control and none of the dash panel lights work either ( like the wait to start) odometer works and cluster back lighting works. Any ideas? Is there a bcm or main controller for this? I've checked fuses and they are good.

Quinton

Reaction score
Quick question where is the GEM located on these trucks? I thought it was on back of fuse box under dash but it isn't.

Quinton

Reaction score
Hmm that might explain that then if it's middle dash... the lightening might have just been the same time it happened. My windshield leaks some water at the bottom in the middle!

Arisley

Reaction score
Is this on the '97 in your signature. If so, I will move this thread to the '94 -'97 tech section. This is the 7.3L Superduty section. Lots of differences between the OBS trucks and the Superduties.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Truck still starts up runs, correct?

Thought a computer would have been fried or something. Relays working?

Quinton

Reaction score
Truck still starts up runs, correct?

Thought a computer would have been fried or something. Relays working?

Yes I drive the truck every day. Everything else works fine minus all gauges, but speedometer, and cruise control. The fuel gauge and oil pressure try to work but barely move.

Arisley

Reaction score
Dash ground? Just a WAG.

I remember some older cars I used to work on had a low voltage, voltage regulator for the dash instruments. Not sure if the OBS has one of those or not. Just another WAG.

Latest posts

Members online