6.4 Down crank no start.

FourEyed

Reaction score
I just have the mini maxx, the shop has the full blown snap-on scanner and laptop that he plugs in. Neither scanner could find a code, or anything wrong.

Shop couldn't replicate the no-start condition so I drove it a ton today start and stop a bunch of times, and I couldn't get it to do it either. So out of luck again. The starter seems to be hanging though, and once the engine starts it takes a few seconds to shut off.

He did think the ignition switch on the dash could be causing the issue, but that seems odd, as it's so intermittent, and seems to only happen while hot. For the $20, I'm going to try that.

Just sucks not knowing when it will leave me stranded. It's gonna happen next when I'm in the middle of the woods or something.

Joush

Reaction score
Yea thats the sucky part about diagnosing intermittent issues doesnt matter how sophisticated the tool is if you cant replicate the problem you cant fix it.

I was going to suggest investing in forscan and OBDlink EX. Its as close as you can get to IDS and AE investing thousands.

FourEyed

Reaction score
it figures as soon as I got home and parked it for a bit the truck is dead again. wasted more $$ at a shop.

I need this truck up and running..

Does anyone know a shop anywhere in the Northeast area they could recommend? I'm in Buffalo NY.

No Idea wtf to do....

FourEyed

Reaction score
Also thanks Joush, I didn't realize getting into a system like that was so cheap..
Going to pick that up and try to see if I can catch it while it's cranking over

FourEyed

Reaction score
Replaced ignition switch. Starter still hangs after truck starts. if it sits for ~1hr it just wont start at all. Didn't help the problem.

FourEyed

Reaction score
I spent some time looking at the data on forscan while it's doing a crank no start, and when it starts after cranking for a while.

Nothing seems out of place to me as far as I can tell.. Still at a loss with this truck.

FourEyed

Reaction score
This problem was actually the fuel rail pressure sensor. Replaced, and all is well. Have about 30k on the truck since rebuild with no issues.

aaron250r

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The one under the passenger valve cover? That was the first thing I replaced after I did the fuel filters and checked for glitter. After that my FORScan said I was getting erratic signal from the MAF. So I replaced that. I’ve checked wiring for loose grounds and bare spots or shorts. Only thing I can think of now is possibly the computer is going out.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I tried to stay far away from 6.0s and 6.4s but nobody around here for 40 miles has proper scan tools so i have had my computer on a few. Just dont know how to diagnose a hot no start on these.

Latest posts

Members online