New Harley Build Advice Needed

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Well, shouldn’t of spoke too soon,
Went for a ride
And it died
Now I try and start and rail pressure doesn’t move past 0
Probably blew another pump and i don’t know why.
But now it almost sounds like it has a skip in compression and rp is at 0..
This truck will drive me to a graveyard.
I have one pump left to try and if all else fails im lost..
Sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Well, shouldn’t of spoke too soon,
Went for a ride
And it died
Now I try and start and rail pressure doesn’t move past 0
Probably blew another pump and i don’t know why.
But now it almost sounds like it has a skip in compression and rp is at 0..
This truck will drive me to a graveyard.
I have one pump left to try and if all else fails im lost..
Sad day.

Bled it so many times and no air at all..

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Well, after a long night and morning I still have no luck, rail pressure stays at 0
With the sensor unplugged it still wont start
Plugged in wont start
Bled the system 100 times
Theres no air.. at all,

Lost, wondering if its electrical now or what.. I doubt its the pump I changed two of them, but the constant cranking can’t be good on it.
I cranked it so much the starter has to be on its last legs.. no change frp still reads 0.. and wont change.

FourEyed

Reaction score
Might be time to get the USB to OBD2 cable and download forscan.. You can see what it's doing, and it will save you a lot of headaches.

Double check the injector harnesses to make sure they didn't come loose anywhere?
Any blown fuses?
Double check all the connectors at the rear passenger side vc?
Firewall connector securely clicked in?
Was this a new FRP sensor and HPFP?

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Might be time to get the USB to OBD2 cable and download forscan.. You can see what it's doing, and it will save you a lot of headaches.

Double check the injector harnesses to make sure they didn't come loose anywhere?
Any blown fuses?
Double check all the connectors at the rear passenger side vc?
Firewall connector securely clicked in?
Was this a new FRP sensor and HPFP?

Yes I know Sootie said the same thing, I will get it
I just need to order the dlc too,
I di electric greased everything and Shane said that was a bad idea so im going home to clean every connector out and blownit out with air
Then change all 8 injectors and bought a brand new frp if this doesnt fix it i light it on fire lol

Strokersace

Reaction score
I hate that you’re having issues.

However, following your troubles has 100% convinced me to stay away from anymore 6.4s. My old dually is still going strong and still family owned. But I won’t build myself another...

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I hate that you’re having issues.

However, following your troubles has 100% convinced me to stay away from anymore 6.4s. My old dually is still going strong and still family owned. But I won’t build myself another...

Yeah man I’m almost ready to give up myself.

just finished changing all the injectors replaced the frp sensor with new. Cleaned every plug.. cleaner and air
No start frp still at 0.
When I first cranked it, it had a weird skip, but evened out,

Probably killed another pump.
Just can't ****ing understand why and how. It was perfectly fine in the other truck. I'm almost ready to give up man. I have two other pumps and one had the p0088 on it, and the other is out of a parts truck that I have no idea if its good or not.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
****, thinking now, check fuse 78 I think it is in the engine bay fuse panel. Thats the fuse that blows when the harness for the hpfp shorts to the cover and causes a no start.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Roccafellas

Reaction score
****, thinking now, check fuse 78 I think it is in the engine bay fuse panel. Thats the fuse that blows when the harness for the hpfp shorts to the cover and causes a no start.

I have full 12v to the 4 pin connector the green wires both have 12v the yellows have 5v from pcm. Pretty sure I blew another pump, just not understanding why..and how.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I have full 12v to the 4 pin connector the green wires both have 12v the yellows have 5v from pcm. Pretty sure I blew another pump, just not understanding why..and how.

The hpfp harness has the resistance in spec.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Well. After three pumps. She’s running and seems to be running steady. Idk why the first two blew, but the last one was out of my parts truck I got for free that when I received it was told the engines “toast”
So when I first brought it home and pulled the heads and realized the pistons were fine. I said “it must be the pump”
So using that pump today , I said if this works.................

Well i guess it was something else wrong with that engine because it’s running! Maybe a lifter. Who knows..

But anyways it’s running, only code I had was cyl 1 contribution balance, but cleared it and hasn’t come back. It feels like It had a pretty good vibration in the truck at idle, but it sounds smooth. I ran it for about an hour, went around the block 5 times and let it run for 30 minutes.. but it ran longer than last time..

too scared to go on the road yet lol.. incase it dies again. Really think this thing has my mind messed up now. It’s a 35,000km engine with injectors that supposedly have 370,000! And a pump that has 240,000km.. so we’ll see if it lasts for at least the winter, next summer ill buy all new and replace it.

BUT SHE RUNS!! Thank god.
Thanks for all the help to everyone! Ill report back tonight, going to go for a nice ride.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well. After three pumps. She’s running and seems to be running steady. Idk why the first two blew, but the last one was out of my parts truck I got for free that when I received it was told the engines “toast”
So when I first brought it home and pulled the heads and realized the pistons were fine. I said “it must be the pump”
So using that pump today , I said if this works.................

Well i guess it was something else wrong with that engine because it’s running! Maybe a lifter. Who knows..

But anyways it’s running, only code I had was cyl 1 contribution balance, but cleared it and hasn’t come back. It feels like It had a pretty good vibration in the truck at idle, but it sounds smooth. I ran it for about an hour, went around the block 5 times and let it run for 30 minutes.. but it ran longer than last time..

too scared to go on the road yet lol.. incase it dies again. Really think this thing has my mind messed up now. It’s a 35,000km engine with injectors that supposedly have 370,000! And a pump that has 240,000km.. so we’ll see if it lasts for at least the winter, next summer ill buy all new and replace it.

BUT SHE RUNS!! Thank god.
Thanks for all the help to everyone! Ill report back tonight, going to go for a nice ride.

Glad shes running. Hopefully all the **** is done with for ya

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Took her for many rides tonight seems to be ok! Knock on wood!

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Update, took her to work, she fired this morning, died but started back up made it to work, and made it home no problem. Probably just air still in the system, but runs awesome! Not even 1 code!

Latest posts

Members online