03 F350 leaf spring question

slim!

Reaction score
Long story short I'm looking for the best ride out of an 03 F350.
My new to me truck is lifted 6" right now and has all new leaf springs without any blocks. Looking to swap to the best ride (X, V code etc).

I've tried finding a breakdown but couldn't find anything.
I'll want it to be level and don't need any blocks in the back or anything since I will be running bags. Truck will be used to pull skid steer mostly.

Before you say why did you buy a lifted truck if you are gonna lower it?
It's my dad's old truck he bought new in 03.

GreenF350

Reaction score
Are you planning to go back to stock height? I'm currently looking to get a bit better ride myself (I've had a 6" with no blocks for about 10 years on mine as well) and think I'm going to go with a 4" Icon lift. Just having a hard time pulling the trigger without knowing how much better the ride will be. Going back to stock would definitely be better that the 6" lift though. I remember when I got rid of my stock rear springs w/blocks and put the 8" lift spring and took out all the blocks with no change to the front. It got way more rough over bumps.

Also, if you are looking to go back to stock, bags or not, you would still need the factory 2.5 or 3.5" blocks I would think.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I had Icon 4" leafs on the front of my 04 with Icon 5" leafs on the back. The front was bolted to their 3" hanger/shackle kit and had a 1" block in the back. The ride was way better than stock.

If you want the best ride and stick with leafs in the front, some Icon 4" leafs in the front and some Carli/Deaver 08+ leafs in the back with the hanger moved forward to make work. Some Fox 2.0s.

The other option is to change to a 05+ coil setup in the front with the Carli rears.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.