160/0% injectors, which supporting mods?

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Like the title states.

I am putting a truck together as a work/tow truck.
Regular cab Dually, 4.10s and either 285s or 315s
Factory reman trans(from 02/03) with 40k on it
I am looking to to have a nice platform to tow with

Rosewood 160cc/0%nozzles have already been purchased
I have been in talks with Paul about a Valve body and Precision TC

I plan on using a 99 Intercooler& spider
Also a Adrenaline HPOP.

What else should I be looking at?
What HP Will I be looking at?

Obviously Intake and Exhaust.
Think the reman trans with VB&TC will hold up?
Think I Need E-Fuel?
Will the stock Turbo hold up with the 160s?

Last edited:

MossBack

Reaction score
YES E-Fuel is a must. That poor valley pump can't even supply stock injectors with enough fuel.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
YES E-Fuel is a must. That poor valley pump can't even supply stock injectors with enough fuel.

I beg to differ on that. My old 97 put down 300/561 with the stock fuel pump and 120cc injectors.

But it may need e-fuel with 160s

Last edited:

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I assume you will be watching your tranny temps. I would think your tranny would be fine with a better VB and TC as long as you dont get it too hot.

I think efuel is nice to have but not 100% necessary with a healthy pump and 160s.

The adrenaline is probably overkill but you can never have too much hpo on hand.

If I had to guess I would say you'll probably find the stock turbo to be the piece holding you back. Its easy enough to add down the road. You might as well slap her together and see what it'll do.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I assume you will be watching your tranny temps. I would think your tranny would be fine with a better VB and TC as long as you dont get it too hot.

I think efuel is nice to have but not 100% necessary with a healthy pump and 160s.

The adrenaline is probably overkill but you can never have too much hpo on hand.

If I had to guess I would say you'll probably find the stock turbo to be the piece holding you back. Its easy enough to add down the road. You might as well slap her together and see what it'll do.

Yes, Boost, pyro and trans temp

5 oh

Reaction score
I can’t rememebr exactly but my truck made around 345hp/765tq with 160s/stock turbo/stock fuel system/17* superduty hpop and all the other usual mods

MeTo

Reaction score
I have a similar truck (sig) and it just pulls my boondock camper (converted aluminum cargo trailer). I'm very content with this configuration for a tow pig.

I'm currently swapping out my TP38r for Charlie's drop-in SXE (beta testing), because I have a manual trans and 3.55 gears. At 65 mph, it's turning ~2050 rpm. I'm looking for all the boost I can get below 2000 rpm. The only situation I could use some more torque is above 8000'. Pulling the trailer = 15 to 17 mph and no trailer = 18 to 21 mph.

Next; convince someone to do a couple of butt-in-seat tunes on a tow pig. That's some uncharted territory.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
I did 335 on ACs, edge evo, stock fuel/turbo, a 17 pump 10 yrs ago. Kept it fairly cool and towed 9k on 4.10s and 5spd.

I'd do 160/30s and the e fuel . Get your fuel with as little pw as possible-- as you have to stroke those 160/0s pretty hard (4ms+) to get the fuel out of them. Stock turbo will work fine to 30 psi.

5 oh

Reaction score
I used to get a check engine light (code P1211) after wide open throttle runs with the 160s and 17* pump

Swaan

Reaction score
Ahhh
I used to get the same code after wide open throttle runs with 175/80s and an adrenilin.. lol

Latest posts

Members online