O ringed heads cutting Fel Pro gaskets?!

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
That's what I heard on a Facebook group from a guy who really seems to know his ****. Now If that's true then I'm worried that I should maybe pull mine apart before it goes in the truck and replace with OEM. Should I be worried?
Currently 71 mm VGT with 250/100's and ALL supporting mods but going to non vgt & bigger fuel in the near future. Studs are 625's so I'm scared that the extra torque will have an even greater chance of cutting the HG. What do you guys think? Any examples or experiences?

Zmann

Reaction score
i would like to know where it is getting cut the fire ring ?
I do see the felpro does not have the same size combustion chamber fire ring as a OE/Victor i wonder if the o ring is not landing properly on the Felpro ?

Zmann

Reaction score
A lot of us were waiting for someone like Felpro to come out with an even better head gasket
and lets Face it Felpro does make some of the best

so when they decided to Tackle the 6.0 the hopes were High
but as soon as i read they were made in China I lost a little faith

and BPD's Pinky did a comparison write up on all the 4 popular brands it appears Victor is OEM

Zmann

Reaction score
It could very well be an oring recess cutting issue also

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yes, reinz hands down...

Why wait for the fel pro to fail, change them out now while motor is still out.

co04cobra

Reaction score
With SOOOO many issues with aftermarket gaskets over time I just don't understand why not just get oem?

I know the "hope" has been there would be a better gasket, but after 10yrs I think that may be a unicorn.

Even if VR is the exact same as oem, the $200 in savings isn't worth the "what if" in the back of my mind....JMO.

kwelch08

Reaction score
With SOOOO many issues with aftermarket gaskets over time I just don't understand why not just get oem?

I know the "hope" has been there would be a better gasket, but after 10yrs I think that may be a unicorn.

Even if VR is the exact same as oem, the $200 in savings isn't worth the "what if" in the back of my mind....JMO.

I agree with the oem, but if Iirc Charlie over at KC turbos is using fel pro and has oringed heads. He is making respectable power without any issues. Me personally would never use VR gaskets having had a set fail once after a couple hundred miles, and back OEM 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I wouldtend to agree with miscut o rings on this one. My truck has about 20k on reman Ford heads i had o ringed using sfactory gaskets and arp 625s. No issues whatsoever from it so far. Truck makes over 600 hprse and has a bunch of drag passes on it, as well as some time towing a 15k fifth wheel. Plus i pretty much drive like a jackass wherever i go... :evil

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.