Alternator problem dual alternators

bfuller83

Reaction score
Wanted to run this by you all...I have a 2013 f250 mini max, ****** pipe and block off plates. Everything was working great until a camping trip in late may. As I was driving i noticed the voltage Spiking to over 16 volts and the truck was doing weird things...I would have turned it off but I was in the middle of the mackinaw bridge in one lane construction. Got to the other side and the voltage had settled down. Drove up to a ford dealer in Newberry and we decided to disconnect the alternator 1 as it seemed to be the one causing the problems. Other than a battery light no more problems...towed the camper home and figured I probably needed a new alternator. Got one put it in and nothing. Based on reading on the forums and what not figured I needed another one. Bought a brand new Ford replacement. Still nothing coming out of alternator 1. I checked all the voltages on the charge wires and the red pin of the control cable I have 12.5 vdc with the truck off and 13.5 or so when running. None the less alternator 1 never works. Anyone have a similar experience or have any ideas what to check next. I thought about returning the truck to stock and re downloading the ******d program but not sure if that will help or not. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated in am out of ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Shawn P

Reaction score
I also have a similar issue going on with my 13 with dual alternators. I have read in other forums that there is an 18 gauge red wire that runs from the passenger side battery, down underneath the front of the engine in a plastic cable tray, to the drivers side alternator. Sometimes this wire will corrode. I have checked mine and it is fine. Anyone else have additional suggestions?

sootie

Reaction score
it has nothing to do with the tune i can assure you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.