Trans adaptive learning reset

Krack

Reaction score
I tuned the TCM about 4 week ago, would shift fine below 20% throttle but would flair and do some weird stuff at anything above 50%. I went and had the trans adaptive learning reset and it made a WORLD of difference. Did the learn process and the trans is shifting much better now, still learning some driving situations. My question is, do the adaptives need to be reset every time the TCM is flashed? Truck is a 2017.

Reaction score
My question is, do the adaptives need to be reset every time the TCM is flashed? Truck is a 2017.

Yes the adaptive strat different from earlier calibrations techniques. Some scantools also are not capable of doing a FULL Trans tap reset.

Krack

Reaction score
I ended up finding a ford tech with IDS. Was super quick.

Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can reset the adaptive learning by disconnecting the batteries for 30 min. Does this reset the tcm completely?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Does removing the batteries work? Or do you have to use IDS? Can forscan do this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Krack

Reaction score
I have been just having the IDS reset adaptives every time i change the trans tune. Its super annoying but I want the trans to live as long as possible.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I have been just having the IDS reset adaptives every time i change the trans tune. Its super annoying but I want the trans to live as long as possible.
Do you have to bring it into the dealership to do this?

Krack

Reaction score
I found a tech that works at ford that will do it on the side for me.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Dang I need to find a tech that will do that.

doo dah

Reaction score
Would this be the same for a 2012? I loaded TD and shifting is pretty horrible right now even after a couple weeks driving it daily. I have searched a ton online and everything is for F150s, even when I search for 6r140.

Reaction score
Would this be the same for a 2012? I loaded TD and shifting is pretty horrible right now even after a couple weeks driving it daily. I have searched a ton online and everything is for F150s, even when I search for 6r140.

This all depends..

doo dah

Reaction score
I ended up getting dyno tuned at TSD. He reset the KAM and adaptive learning plus moved lock up to 2nd gear. I had a new pump installed but it was not the 4.2 I thought but rather a 11-14 cp4 so most he could get out of it was 567hp with a leak pre-turbo.

GotStroke

Reaction score
Any update on whether IDS is the only option for TCM adaptive learning reset or is it available with forscan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online